Application Specialist - Point of Care
Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honour our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our Diagnostics Point of Care (POC) team in an Application Specialist role based in Bowen Hills, Queensland. Reporting to the General Manager - POC, in this role you will be essential in maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction by using your product line applications expertise to assist in the instrument installation and training processes and ongoing applications support in addition to identifying and developing sales opportunities, and assisting with product demonstrations/sales presentations
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Provide reactive customer support both on-site and on the phone to ensure maximal instrumentation uptime and Customer Satisfaction by:
- Troubleshooting and resolving application problems
- Keeping customers and colleagues fully informed of account status
- Escalating unresolved issues and monitor to completion
- Developing and implementing action plans for Hot-Sites
- Working collaboratively to achieve installations to agreed timelines and quality
- Perform relevant instrument software updates/upgrades
- Complying to all documented installation procedures/processes and completing all relevant documentation
- As required, take on the role of installation co-ordinator for nominated installations
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of sales strategies to ensure company financial objectives are met
- Training of customers and new staff in the Sydney Training Centre and on-site as required, comply with training procedures/documentation and feedback training improvements to Product Specialist based on training effectiveness
- Proactive customer support
Your qualifications and experience:
· Tertiary qualification in Science, Applied Science or related field (nursing, biomedical, medical scientist)
· Pathology or related laboratory experience and/or experience in a POC environment
· Experience in technical support in the pathology industry and/or POC environment
· Experience with Healthcare IT solutions in a POC environment would be highly regarded
Your attributes and skills:
- Demonstrated strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Being a solid team contributor and exhibiting strong results orientation will see you succeed in this role
- You will have proven experience as a proficient and passionate trainer
- The role is predominantly based in Brisbane, but will involve regional Queensland travel and some travel within Australia /New Zealand
· You must be able to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in Australia.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us today.
Applications close 26 April 2019 or sooner if sufficient applications are received.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Curious about our culture?
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at Siemens Healthineers career page
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 106960
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time