An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commodity Manager to join our team in Poole. The Commodity Manager will have responsibility for total Purchasing Volume (PVO) of an assigned commodity, based on defined material. The role composes of the organisation, controlling and measurement of procurement activities supporting local business unit, whilst also collaborating with UK and global teams within the area of responsibility with the objective of establishing optimum total cost solutions with an excellent supplier base.
What are my responsibilities?
· Management Commodities (for specific material field) and foster cross-functional alignment within area of responsibility.
· Define Commodity structure and organisation in alignment with respective manager, develop and implement material productivity programs/ measures to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets.
· Define and implement commodity and pooling strategies (based on conducted demand, market and supplier analyses): evaluate and document in Commodity Strategy Master and update regularly; communicate the strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials and strategic Global Value Sourcing.
· Define and implement negotiation concepts and strategies to maximize savings. Negotiate frame contracts and document all contracts in relevant Supplier Management IT-systems.
· Utilisation of eProcurement tools (eAuction/eBidding) to improve the procurement process and efficiency.
· Systematically forward all relevant procurement related information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to ensure all stakeholders are up to date.
· Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ maximise potential opportunities through tailored risk management and change management
· Supplier Management: supplier selection, (incl. documentation and communication of preferred suppliers). Perform regular supplier and strategic evaluations, supplier qualification and supplier development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain.
· Early engagement with Engineering and Product Management to support new product introduction (or design to cost activities) to facilitate introduction of best suppliers to ensure optimum supply chain at early stages.
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
· It is essential that candidate has proven strategic procurement experience and ideally will be working towards or achieved MCIPS qualification or equivalent.
· Good communication skills as will be required to work with cross functional partners, including but not limited to Operations, Logistics, Product Management & Engineering. Candidate should be able to ask questions, tests assumptions and openly discuss issues to keep commitments within this team.
· Ability to set and work towards a specific goal, especially business goals, identifies risks and plans for contingencies to ensure delivery.
· Identify opportunities in own area to contribute to the commercial success of the company.
· Need to be well organised, able to work well under pressure and change priorities at short notice as and when the need should arise.
· Ideally intermediate knowledge of: Excel, Word, Outlook, SAP experience.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 107179
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time