Test Architect 80-100 %
We realise what matters: Our Building Technologies division makes buildings, cities and infrastructures smarter and more energy-efficient. As the leading technology partner worldwide we offer solutions and services for personal safety, building safety and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, and energy management. Building Technology has its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland. Create the future together with approximately 30 000 colleagues and help us to make the world a little better every day.
Your new responsibilities
- Analyze the current testing process and practices in the SystemOne portfolio in Building Automation Technologies and drive improvements
- Define and implement a justified, effective test strategy, aligned with the business and quality goals
- Promote the use of test automation and test-driven approaches in development.
- Manage the design and improvement of test automation frameworks and test suites
- Ensure testability of requirements engineering artifacts, guide and coach system/software architects in testing related topics, enforce traceability in the testing of artifacts
- Perform continuous architecture management for the testing environment
Your skills and experience
- Degree in computer sciences, software engineering or comparable experience
- 8+ years' experience in software testing including knowledge of testing processes, methodologies and tools
- Test architecture experience on comparable systems (2+ years) is a prerequisite
- Strong understanding of various QA tools and technologies such as Jenkins and Git for continuous integration, continuous deployment and DevOps processes
- Familiarity with agile development processes and the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- Experience in UI and API test automation architectures (using Java and Selenium)
- Excellent organization, time management and communication skills
- Fluent in English; any additional language, in particular German, would be an asset
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. As such, we can only accept your application via our application platform (using the «Application» button). Please be aware that applications sent by e-mail will not be answered and will simply be deleted. Should you have any questions about this job offer, please contact email@example.com mentioning the job ID in your e-mail. We look forward to receiving your full application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 107188
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either