Quality Control Specialist HTT
We are looking for a QC Specialist for Siemens Heat Transfer Technologies. Our new colleague will specialize in the area of legislation and regulations but may additionally be widely deployed within the QC department. The QC department consists of 4 QC engineers who are concerned with production and welding technology and NDO, and 2 QC inspectors. You will be based in Zoeterwoude but other QC colleagues also have a presence at production locations in Europe and Southeast Asia.
The department is responsible for product verification, validation and conformity. With this in mind, we for example specify manufacturing requirements for parts, components and equipment to be manufactured by third parties, so that HTT can ensure the quality of the end product.
Our aim is to make sure a project is successful for everyone.
The interpretation of regulations and local statutory conditions, in the various parts of the world where the projects are implemented, is becoming ever more complex. We are looking for a QC person who can comprehend, interpret and correctly implement these in the specifications for manufacture and who can assist the sales department during the bid phase. To achieve this, a knowledge of legislation and regulations is needed (ASME, EN, EU directives, vdTuv, GOST, etc), as well as a knowledge of material manufacture and inspection technologies. Apart from this specialization the day-to-day work also consists of monitoring the manufacturing procedures and production documentation drawn up by the supplier, and holding pre-inspection meetings and inspections to check compliance with the order specifications, regulations, instructions and procedures.
Major activities include:
- Translating legislation and regulations into unequivocal manufacturing specifications.
- Maintaining contacts with inspection bodies and customers as regulations inspection and code requirements.
- Initiating and holding pre-inspection meetings on site to coordinate inspection procedures.
- Checking and purchasing products in line with specifications and legislation and regulations from the suppliers.
- Assessing whether the quality aspects of both the contract and the design codes are adequately articulated and fixed in the technical specifications drawn up.
- Flagging and logging problems and making suggestions for improving procedures and work instructions.
- Assessing whether the quality aspects laid down by Siemens HTT have been incorporated in the quality regulations of the subsuppliers in quality plans, manufacturing procedures (such as WPS, test and NDO procedures) and in the final technical documentation to be supplied.
- Verification of the techniques used and compliance with the approved manufacturing and inspection procedures during the inspections.
- Final technical check on the manufacturing books that the supplier has drawn up.
- Assisting the QC inspectors in terms of quality content.
- Checking the subcontractors’ ASME P forms and drawing up the Siemens HTT ASME documents needed for the final ASME certification.
We are looking for an applicant capable of working and thinking at the level of technical Higher Vocational Education+ (HBO+) with a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a comparable post. You are good at translating abstract requirements into clear manufacturing instructions and have the appropriate experience with codes and are familiar with the latest manufacturing and inspection technologies.
You also have experience with practical technology and warm mechanical engineering. You have a good level of abstraction and are able to translate complex material into clear practical guidelines. You are not easily flustered, you take the initiative, have good coaching skills and regard suppliers as partners. You colleagues will expect you to come up with suggestions for improvement yourself and potentially develop them yourself.
You are also able to act independently and to develop contacts, for which you will have excellent communication skills. You are also willing to travel regularly.
You have a good knowledge of spoken and written English and Dutch, and German is essential
Interested? If so, apply now!
An assessment and screening may form part of the application procedure.
No recruitment agencies please.
Job ID: 107192
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time