Technical Service Manager - Regional Tooling Center
The Regional Tooling Center (RTC), Abu Dhabi is a part of the Power Services Repair Network at Siemens Middle East and it caters to the demand of tooling for Gas Turbines, Generators and Onsite Machining Equipment for all outage types in the region. The RTC additionally provides customized tooling solutions, onsite services and support for regional development of further tooling hubs in order to be closer to our customers. It provides a very versatile and dynamic working environment with a focus on Safety and Quality.
The Technical Services Manager is the key component of the Tooling Center Operations who works closely with the Quality and Order Management teams for preparation and delivery of on-time tooling services for both planned and unplanned events. Being an engineer, he has to be open to hands-on work as well as regular travel to sites for preparation and refurbishment of tooling within the region RME.
The responsibilities are listed as follows:
- Ensure on-time delivery of tools and consumables.
- Management of technical operations and the respective employees of the team.
- Maintenance, calibration, and completeness of the entire RTC portfolio of Gas Turbine-, Generator-, Steam Turbine tools and On Site Machining. This includes electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical tools.
- Develop out of the box customized tooling solutions based on customer needs.
- Development of testing and service instructions for electrical and mechanical tools and devices.
- Onsite service reports.
- Integrate best practices and quality procedures into the working environment.
- Development of LEAN initiatives for improving operational efficiency and inculcate the same principals in the technical team.
- Implementation of digitalization initiatives for improving the efficiency of technical operations.
- Promote the Siemens EHS culture among the team and take a lead on EHS initiatives in the workplace.
- Excellent team working skills and encouragement of the same within the operations team.
- Collaborates with internal customers (Project Managers and Field Service) for further enhancing support and identifying areas of improvement.
Job ID: 107323
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time