Digital Business Development Manager
Digital Business Development Manager
Our customers are staring down a long and uncertain road when it comes to digitalization. They understand their core business, their market, and their unique challenges- but often struggle when it comes to digital development. The Digital Business Development Manager brings Siemens’ market leadership to our customers, helping them to plan and define their digitalization roadmap, develop the necessary tools in partnership with Siemens, and reach their business goals through digitalization.
The Regional Digital Business Development Manager is responsible for technical sales and order capture for GP SPG digitalization business and drive the growth beyond the core area. Within his responsibilities resides the preparation of quotations and proposals, definition of project strategies and the integration of multiple BU offerings. The Digital Business Development Manager also leads negotiations in coordination with the Sales Manager and the Product Line (PL) responsible for the respective customer.
Working side-by-side with the Sales Managers and in collaboration with the headquarter customer engagement team, the Digital Business Development Manager role is to partner with the customer to define and act on a digital road map. The Digital Business Development Manager will ensure that the customers reach their individual goals in partnership with Siemens and that Siemens continually develops a digital product catalogue pointed in the right direction.
‘’Initiate tailored customer journeys and foster sustainable digital development for mutual digital growth’’
Follow leads to initiate digital journey planning between the customer, regional sales teams and global project teams.
- Organize and develop individual journeys together with our customers and Siemens market and domain experts.
- Develop and manage possible MoU, technical proposals and lead contract negotiation.
- Needs to lead the LoA process and T&C definitions for the digital business.
- Follow, measure, and report on progress of customer journeys, delivery projects.
- Identify and follow-up on opportunities for customer discovery sessions or co-creation sessions.
- Support local PMs during project duration with strong cross-functional team leadership.
- Develops and executes an annual plan for meeting their individual target, and plans / forecasts order volumes based on proactive opportunity development within the assigned territory
- Coordinates GP SDO regional / PL technical resources in pursuit of digitalization business for the assigned territory
Connect global network of PMs and development teams to potential customer leads.
- Work primarily within GP Operating Company, but eye on radar for other BUs as well.
- Have key insights into the GP digitalization portfolio, and be familiar with the products and their associated business models.
- Learn and keep global network informed of competitive market information, discussing customer issues and building key internal relationships.
- Manages the sales funnel by timely documenting the life cycle of digitalization business opportunities and ensure all digitalization business opportunities are properly entered into Salesforce.com (SFDC), forecasted and tracked to closure
- Have key insights into the PS digitalization portfolio and be familiar with the products and their associated business models.
- Good understanding of existing market and solutions in the industrial digitalization environment.
Ensure that co-created products are developed sustainably: i.e. have real market viability in the general product portfolio.
- Develop commercial strategy for co-created products with portfolio sales manager
- Support PMs in aligning products with overall business strategy and strategic goals
- Support PMs in finding synergies between existing projects to facilitate rapid innovation.
- Facilitate healthy knowledge sharing between Siemens (as OEM) and customers
- Work with Corporate Communications to make Journeys visible internally and externally.
- Provides voice of the client needs/competitive intelligence, market drivers and buying influences for the development of new product and service offerings
- Master’s level education in energy/energy systems or associated fields.
- Self-driven and intrinsically motivated to take ownership of work.
- Target driven and willing to perform above and beyond the call of duty
- Work in creative environments, employ outside-the-box thinking
- Has experience and good track record in managing projects as well as expertise in case and business model development, project risk management, & stakeholder management.
- A good understanding of the Power Generation Services business in the Distributed Generation market, including but not limited to: customers, regional set-up, strategy, business processes, especially as these businesses/customers/markets/processes relate to digitalization.
- Strong understanding of Digitalization, digital products & services as well as associated ‘best practices’ and business models.
- Strong understanding and experience in target/goal-oriented digital roadmap creation from a value creation perspective.
- Be an excellent communicator in culturally diverse environments
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong network of internal and external contacts.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), Arabic is welcome
- Have experience working and thriving in multi-cultural teams
Job ID: 107335
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time