Maintenance Controller - Manchester
Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting a Maintenance Controller for our Rolling Stock division to be based out of our Manchester Depot. The Maintenance Controller is responsible for the effective and safe operation of maintenance control, providing first line technical support over the phone to operational staff and managing failures and serious incidents on the rail network.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Act as Maintenance Controller in maintenance control, managing in service faults and failures, planning depot maintenance requirements and providing first line technical assistance to operations staff.
- Manage and co-ordinate main line defects, failures and serious incidents.
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with Rail Group Standards and the Siemens Rolling Stock VMI.
- Agree and authorize maintenance concessions on behalf of the Customer.
- Ensure satisfactory close out of safety related traction an rolling stock incidents.
- Management and control of relevant fleet downloads and electronic data.
- Maintain fleet competence and fault-finding skills.
- Provide first line technical assistance to operations staff.
- Provide technical guidance to assist Line of Route maintenance staff (including Technical Riding Inspectors).
- Carry out Technical Riding Inspector duties when required.
- Plan scheduled and out of course depot maintenance requirements.
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety Incidents/Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all reporting IT systems are updated in a precise and efficient manner.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Detailed technical knowledge of Rolling Stock maintenance and fault finding
- Relevant experience in mechanical / electrical engineering environment.
- NVQ level 3 or above qualification in a relevant engineering field
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems / software.
- Good communication, planning and organizational skills.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 107438
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time