Regional Security Officer - LC UAE
The Regional Security Officer (RSO) is a member of the Siemens security department (GM SEC) who is accountable for the security of Siemens personnel, assets and operations in an assigned region.
As Line Manager, the RSO leads the Country Security Officers and Security Officers in the relevant Regional Security Office. In support of Regional Company CEOs/ Managements and GM SEC, the RSO is responsible for supporting implementation and compliance with the requirements set by GM SEC, as described in the Mandate, Circulars and Instructions in the assigned region.
The RSO is accountable for the coordination of Country Security officer in the region and intra-GM SEC cooperation. Together with other RSOs, the Position holder participates in the strategic planning of world-wide security implementation, including adequate budget resource planning.
The RSO provides tactical guidance and operational support to Regional Company CEOs, their management teams and other stakeholders in relation to GM SEC security matters, working in close cooperation with the GM SEC functional departments and Business Security Officers.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertakes tasks as requested by the Head of Global Security Consulting, in consultation with the Business Security Officers and the GM SEC functional departments, to ensure compliance with the Siemens security standards and processes set by GM SEC.
- In support of Regional Company CEOs/ Managements to develop and maintain effective security and crisis management structures through identifying key stakeholders and establishing effective working relationships with them in order to meet business security requirements.
- Provides tactical advice and operational support to Regional Company CEOs/ Managements in relation to security related incidents, including incident and crisis management, incident reporting and investigation.
- Supports the development of local security procedures to mitigate security threats whilst proactively monitoring the security environment in order to prioritize activities to support business goals and achievements.
- Develops and supports local initiatives to fulfill business security requirements and to maintain security awareness within individual business units.
- Provides input and feedback to the GM SEC functional departments for the development of regulations, processes and services.
- Develops and maintains internal and external networks in order to stay current with industry best practice and developments in delivering cost effective security.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Relevant academic degree, a professional qualification from a recognized security authority or appropriate security experience through working within law enforcement, regulatory enforcement or equivalent experience for a minimum of five years
- Three years minimum experience working in corporate security or a similar commercial environment, including practical experience of incident and crisis management, within an international company, a security company or similar experience
- Extensive experience in security issues related to the region, intimate knowledge of the different countries and their specific security challenges
- Project Management experience (e.g. process implementation, etc.), Knowledge of Siemens specific processes, especially ACP, IR@S and PM @Siemens is an asset
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to manage workloads in an effective manner with minimal direct supervision and flexibility in managing multiple and diverse tasks.
- Ability to analyze and assimilate information from diverse sources
- Effective problem-solving skills and able to work under stress in time critical situations
- Proven ability to lead teams with at least three years’ experience
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage with a variety of audiences, particularly CEO and other senior managers
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Sensitive and responsive to the needs of different ethnic and cultural groups
- Proven integrity and high personal standards of behavior
- Good communication skills rounded by an effective presentation and report writing skills
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 107441
Organization: Governance & Markets
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time