Mechanical Designer - Traction Converters and Auxiliary converters
Location: Nashik, India
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Mechanical Design of Traction Converters and Auxiliary converters (Locomotive, EMU, Metro, etc)
- Design of mechanical housings for onboard, underslung and roof mounted applications (Locomotive, EMU, Metro, etc)
- Experience in design of welded, riveted, glued sheet metal constructions
- Experience in Air cooled and water cooled technologies (both module and converter level)
- Design and development of heatsinks, cooling plates, moulded components, low inductive busbars, insulating parts, etc
- Use of various IEC, EN and IS standards wrt Mechanical design, testing, product safety, etc
- Experience in FEA, Shock & Vibrations, CFD, etc.
- Understanding electrical circuit diagram and realizing the same in 3D modeling arrangement of electrical and associated mechanical components
- Design of air ducts or water circuit to suit requirement specifications of customer
- Design of mechanical components including the converter cabinet.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- We are looking for applicant having masters or graduate in mechanical engineering from a reputed institute with a minimum working experience of 3 to 5 years.
- The prospective applicant should have proven knowledge on calculation and development of mechanical components in rolling stock products for Indian Railways.
- Candidates having knowledge working with Siemens NX, Teamcenter, Ansys / NX Nastran, AutoCAD will be preferred.
- Knowledge on IEC and EN standards used in the railway industries is mandatory.
- Business fluent in English as well as intercultural experience.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 107521
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time