Head of Document Control
We are recruiting for a Head of Document Control to manage our Document Management function within our EPC Projects business in Siemens. The role based in Manchester will require close working with operational heads in driving quality and flawless delivery within our projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to lead and develop a team incorporating ‘best practice’ and the latest tools from the industry.
This role requires strong leadership, strategic vision and a passion for change to take the Document Management function to the next level.
· Responsible for the Document Management Function within EPC Project Business.
· Effective deployment of the Document Control Process supporting Bids and Project Delivery
· Line Management for the Document Control Team and Project Document Managers
· Continuous process improvement and to be a champion of change
· Unite and lead the team in delivering a quality service
· Line Management responsibility for a team of up to 20 people: the Document Controllers and Project Documents Managers. This will include Target Setting, Performance Management, Training and Competency Management
· Ensure the contractual obligations on Projects for Document Management is fully understood and is deliverable
· Effective deployment of the Document Control process and management of training for all members of the Project Team (Supply Chain, Engineering, Customer, Site)
· Develop the process and tools to ensure projects can deliver all project documentation for Acceptance and Handover
· Lead the team in providing a high level of service for projects in line with an ITIL framework
· Proactively assist the business in achieving it’s strategic objectives
· Be a champion of change culture
· Act as subject matter expert for all external and internal document management related issues
· Understand and deliver procedural change control across multiple Projects
· Take custodial ownership over Document Management Governance and Process
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· IT Systems (Microsoft Office)
· A good understanding of 3rd party Document Management Tools (eg Aconex, Sharepoint, Documentum)
· Document Management workflow processes
· Communication and reporting skills
· Reports development
· Change Management
· Site Modification of Documentation and As-Building
· Documentation Lifecycle
· Technical Writing (Governance)
· Stakeholder Management and experience managing a large team
· Project Management (Business Improvement)
· Experience of Document Management within the Construction Industry
· Quality Management and Document / Configuration
Job ID: 107733
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time