Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems - Smart systems. Smart traffic. Thinking mobility further through adaptable and modular solutions.
We are currently looking for a Supervisor to join our Siemens Intelligent Traffic business within the Surrey region. Working from our brand new service Centre in Crawley this exciting new role will be responsible for all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities. You will also be responsible for organising and scheduling installation activities and have first line management responsibility for Installation employees.
- Installation of traffic signal assets (including the installation and wiring of controllers), ancillary equipment and/ or highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team
- Complete electrical tests and pre-commissioning activities
- Liaising with customers and other contractors that may be on site
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification, in a timely manner and to a sufficient quality level
- Responsible for ensuring site inductions are undertaken
- Key contact for customer for queries relating to the activity on site
- Review performance information related to employees and respond accordingly
- Monitor absence for team, conducting return to work conversations. Escalate when triggers are reached
- Ensure stock is booked accurately and available for installation activities
- Responsible for organising activity of the installation team and sub-contractors on site
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible.
- Monitor and promote health and safety reporting processes within the team
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
Knowledge and skills required for this role:
- HNC / ONC/ City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or similar (Desirable)
- IOSH qualification
- IT - familiarity with Microsoft packages
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Leadership – able to guide, mentor and direct staff on site
- Organisation – able to manage a number of complex tasks, staff and organise materials, employees and sub-contractors
- Must hold full UK Driving License
- Working on traffic signal equipment
- Leading and supervising teams
- Experience of managing Sub-contractors on site
- Working outside and working at heights
- Working as part of a team and working unsupervised
- Installation and testing of electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Maintaining electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Leading a team and responsible for health and safety site management
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 107765
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time