Head of Research in Corporate Technology (CT) China
Mission of Function:
Ensure that the local CT Research Groups (RDA and REE Research Groups) within the regional organization run smoothly under the CT RDA R&D organization blueprint. Define regional CT research strategy together with region head and Research Group (RG) heads. Agree on budget for research projects and technology transfer into Siemens' Business units together with Heads of Technology Fields in CT and head of CT China. Responsibility to implement strategy and execute on budget is with the head of the region.
- Manage local teams, especially in order to establish collaboration among local leadership team and with global Technology Fields
- Create and foster a common regional portfolio
- Collaborate with globally leading universities and research institutes in the region
- Represent CT research internally and externally in the region
- Attract local talents
What role will you play?
Strategy and Regional Identity
- Drive regional CT research (RDA and REE) strategy and identity for local RGs in alignment with local leadership team and global Heads of Technology Fields.
- Efficient setup for local RGs in terms of infrastructure, people, etc.
- Support and drive specific regional CT activities, e.g. strategic recruiting initiatives, special projects on regional level
Define budget for research projects and technology transfer into Business Units in alignment with Heads of Technology Fields
Management of local RDA and REE RGs: implement strategy and execute on budget
- Ensure that the hosted RGs work according to the overall CT organization blueprint and ensure consistency
- Facilitating and supporting critical issues
- Controlling regional activities of the Hosted RTC RGs
Steering of employees / management team
- In-country Manager for RGs, including performance management
- Establish and support collaboration and knowledge transfer among local leadership team
Communities / Contacts
- Support specific regional activities, e.g. local customer relationship management, acquisition support for BUs, government relations
What qualification does the successful candidate bring?
- Master in Engineering, PhD desired
- More than 10 years of working experience in Siemens relevant businesses, thereof several years experience in management, required knowledge in all business types
- Broad experience in different kinds of business cycles
- Working experience in Sector / Division / BU preferred
- Long term experience in collaboration with international team
- Fluent English and German
- Broad knowledge of CT
- Broad knowledge of Siemens relevant markets in specific region / cluster related to CT offerings (e.g. competitors, customer requirements)
- Experience in commercial topics
- Moderation / facilitation / conflict management techniques
- Negotiation and presentation skills
Job ID: 107814
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time