Internship R&D Fire Detection 80–100 %
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
We realise what matters: Our Building Technologies division makes buildings, cities and infrastructures smarter and more energy-efficient. As the leading technology partner worldwide we offer solutions and services for personal safety, building safety and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, and energy management. Building Technology has its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland. Create the future together with approximately 30 000 colleagues and help us to make the world a little better every day.
Your new responsibilities
- Experiments on fire and non-fire aerosol properties using scattered light measurement apparatus
- Measurement data processing and analysis, contribution to the database for fire and non-fire aerosols
- Literature analysis and interpretation of measurement results
- Experimental investigations with scattered light sensors and data analysis
- Insight into R&D work and fire detection technology
- Work content can be further expanded based on personal skills and interests
Your skills and experience
- Experience and interest in data analytics
- Knowledge of MATLAB/Python
- Interest (and some experience) in lab work and execution of experiments
- Flair for analytics and complex situations as well as structured and self-reliant working methods
- Fluent in German, good knowledge of written English
- Start immediately or by agreement, for a minimum of 4 months
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. As such, we can only accept your application via our application platform (using the «Application» button). Please be aware that applications sent by e-mail will not be answered and will simply be deleted. Should you have any questions about this job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job ID in your e-mail. We look forward to receiving your full application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 107869
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either