Maintenance Engineer Track Work RMP
The Maintenance Engineer Track Work / 3rd Rail is responsible for the team leadership within the maintenance section for the overall maintenance of Depot and Mainline Track (Track Maintenance / 3rd Rail Maintenance.
Reporting to the Section Manager the Position holder will Manage and supervise the shift leaders, engineers, technician and workers, who are employed within the maintenance section as well as any temporary personnel within this section.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsibility for the technically correct condition and the timely availability of all components, which form part of the maintenance section
- Planning and overall scheduling of routine Track Maintenance for day and night shifts.
- Ensuring the correct resources are available for the scheduled work
- Ensure maintenance and repair activities of track components are carried out to the work order schedule in CMMS and in accordance with maintenance manuals
- Responding to unplanned or emergency repair works
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining adequate stock levels for spare parts and tool availability and calibration
- Deliver in-house training courses for subordinates with regards to trackwork, tools, equipment and machinery
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures and maintenance manuals.
- Co-ordinate work with other maintenance disciplines e.g. Signaling, Rail Electrification
- Reviews and participates in the recruitment process for staff within their section
- Deputise for section manager in their absence
- Networking between the various maintenance and operation departments to manage scheduled maintenance tasks
- Conducting internal meetings within the maintenance section and Co-ordination of the interfaces between the others maintenance section
- Responsibility for appropriate actions in the event of incidents within the maintenance section
- Optimization of maintenance tasks as result of ongoing analysis
- Checking of inspection results and deciding on appropriate actions
- Analyzing of the maintenance history for the related equipment and facilities
- Responsible for the reporting system to ensure the availability of sufficient and suitable spare parts for his area of supervision
- Responsible for availability of suitable manpower, adequate tools and materials in events of incidents
- Responsibility for the budget of materials, spare parts and personnel used by his services
- Responsible for safety of work for his subordinates and used equipment /tools
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience.
Has five years of experience in track installation or maintenance within metro systems.
Has experience in working with slab (ballastless) track forms
Working knowledge in Computer and MS-Office skills Conversant with Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS, IBM MAXIMO)
Tools including specialist track tools, equipment used for repairs and maintenance within the track environment
Experience with inspection and adjustment of turnouts
First experience in a managerial / supervision role
Experience with maintaining 3rd rail systems
Very good command of both the spoken and written English language
Personal computer and general office software Tools including of special tools, equipment and machines commonly used in the relevant system
Has experience of managing maintenance teams
Very good understanding of analytical and investigative principles and procedures
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 107920
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time