Finance and Commercial Manager - Rolling Stock.
Do you want to join a fast growing and award winning business? There are some very exciting times ahead for Siemens' rolling stock division. We are looking for a commercial manager to join our successful and expanding team.
You will provide robust commercial management across all Rolling Stock service contracts for topics relating to inventory, supply chain management, performance controlling and reporting. You’ll report into the Commercial Director of the service business supporting the drive for business improvements and managing a team of 3-4 cost accountants and finance assistants.
The preferred locations for this position are Northampton or London but other locations may be considered.
What are my responsibilities?
Optimisation and Digitalisation
- Work with digital team as well as business systems department to deliver the digital vision for all maintenance contracts
- Roll out of robotics initiatives across rolling stock service projects
- Preparation of business cases for innovation and investments
- Working in close collaboration with Business Excellence department and service contracts to identify, implement and monitor optimisation initiatives and productivity improvements
Inventory & Supply Chain Management
- Partner with the Commercial Managers and Fleet Heads of Materials to provide innovative solutions for material management
- Embark on a project to allocate centrally held inventory across the relevant projects and fleets ensuring full ownership of the inventory within the service business
- Implement robust commercial processes for customer owned spares management in close collaboration with other commercial managers
- Provide support to the Fleet Heads of Materials in the development and implementation of the material / inventory strategy to meet overall business goals
- Reduction and optimisation of overall inventory base for the service business
Management Accounting & Reporting
- Collate, analyse & report financial and operational information in an accurate, timely & consistent manner to support the projects and business units.
- Supporting the fleets in their budgeting and forecasting process for materials.
- Reporting of Inventory on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure production of timely accurate information for internal customers.
- Ensure best in class management accounting financial processes & procedures by continually developing and maintaining the business unit financial infrastructure.
Internal and External Audit
- Collaborate with Fleet Heads of Materials and Finance department to ensure physical verification of inventory is carried out on regular intervals and difference between book and physical stock is adjusted on a quarterly basis.
- Support External Audit with E&Y.
- Well defined program for Physical verification across all locations.
- All inventory counts are properly signed off.
- Necessary adjustment made on a regular basis.
- Supplying detailed information required for quarterly audits.
- Ensuring quarterly reconciliations are in place
- Setting leadership standards and management best practise through clear objectives, devising and communicating a strategy that includes recruitment, performance management, and learning and development, building team dynamics to ensure that the function is a cohesive high performing unit which achieves the targets and objectives set by the Company.
- People satisfaction survey results
- Staff Dialogues and Development plans
- Team objectives set and monitored
- Productive team meetings held regularly
- 1:1’s held
- Goals, targets and resource plans are met
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Qualified (ACMA/ACA or equivalent) with relevant experience in a project based industry or with people management experience
- Good working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office desirable
- Business Awareness
- Commercial Awareness
- Concern for Order & Detail as well as strong Planning and Organisational skills
- Customer Culture - Experience in supporting/encourage the development of others and departments
- Strong leader and confident in Judgment and Decision Making
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 107955
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time