The future of the UK’s Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
Siemens Operational Services, based at Central Park (Nottingham) is the home of smart metering services, water metering, large scale network metering and commercial & industrial usage management. We have been delivering these services for over 20 years and are now starting an exciting new phase of our development; participating in the governments national smart meter implementation program effecting every household and business in the UK. This role sits within the Commercial and Industrial metering business segment where we help customers to understand their energy usage, save money and receive accurate bills from their Energy Supplier.
As a Customer Account Manager within Siemens Industrial and Commercial Metering, you will be managing a portfolio of key utility accounts. You will need to build strong relationships with your customers, mapping out their organisation structures and providing a trusted brand. You will also provide the voice of the customer internally, feeding strategic information to the business to inform service development and take ultimate responsibility for customer satisfaction. You will renew existing contracts and grow profitable revenue in accordance with budget commitments
We envisage that for the first couple of months you will need to be in the Nottingham office on a regular basis however once you have embedded and understand your role and your accounts, then you will spend your time between working from home, visiting customers (between 2-8 times per month) and being in the office (once or twice per week).
Come and have a look at what it’s like to work at Siemens -
What part will you play?
- Management of your portfolio, ensuring services are delivered and taking final responsibility for smaller accounts
- Understand customer requirements and future strategy, articulate internally to create opportunity for Siemens
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction, ensuring the voice of the customer is present and visible across the department
- Identifying and building positive relationships with key influential stakeholders within your customer portfolio
- Maintain detailed minutes and action trackers for all customer meetings
- Multi functional team leadership, able to bring together internal resources to collaborate successfully on customer driven projects
- Understand the KPI’s on your accounts and seek to improve these if falling below expected levels
- Validation of customer invoicing, premiums and ad hoc charges
- Ability to retain and grow your portfolio
- Produce Reporting and Invoices for your portfolio
- Ensure your customers are paying for services provided in a timely manner and seek to rectify issues such as late debt effectively
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Solid account management experience gained ideally working with corporate accounts in the utility sector
- Ability to empathise with customers over the uses and challenges of energy reporting
- Skilled in Microsoft packages particularly excel for performance reporting
- The ability to communicate, influence and present effectively at all levels within Siemens and customers
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness
- Full UK driving licence as this role will require frequent travel to meet customers
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Smart infrastructure division intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent on board to be able to support us on this journey.
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but also an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognises that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 108084
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either