Junior Software Developer - Python Developer
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do, to learn, to grow for every stage of life.
Building Technology is an in-house global competence center for software engineering. We work closely with the Siemens Divisions to engineer creative products and services across the world. Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms an important part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Junior Software Developer (Python Programmer)
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Building Technologies. Here, we’re hiring for a Developer. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- You take a challenging role in the development of a software product, which is a modern, integrated security solution for businesses, consisting of a software suite that covers a wide range of applications. The innovative technical basis for this software suite provides a Service Oriented Architecture (REST) and the use of the latest software technologies, such as Angular 7 and Python.
- Together with the Scrum team, do regular estimation, planning and implementation of software components within modern, agile software development methods by evaluating, selecting and clearing the appropriate software components and technologies for the efficient implementation of the requirements - adhering to the committed quality, content and timeline.
- Process-compliant handling and use of the Siemens product development process and support to project team members as well as participation in the continuous process improvement around your area of responsibility.
You need to make real what matters
- B.E. / M.Sc. / MCA / B.Tech in Computer Science / Information Technology 1-3 years hands-on technical experience.
- 1 to 3 years of IT software development experience in a professional Python 3 software development environment..
- Capability and willingness to software program the customer requirements using an object oriented approach and to thoroughly test them before delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and spoken
- Good hands-on experience on tools, like Eclipse, Pycharm or Visual Studio Code
- Potential to learn and to be self motivated
- Proactivity, enough to share knowledge, voice out problems and ask for help
- Passion towards Python programming, technology and problem solving
- Desirable to have
- Hands-on experience in Linux, Twisted Python, Pylint, Python Nose
- Hands-on experience on tools, like RTC Jazz, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube, Teamscale.
- Hands-on experience in container concepts (Docker) and cloud (like AWS)
- Working experience in agile software development (daily scrum, pair sessions, sprint planning, retro & review, clean code and self organized), configuration, testing and release management
- Working experience in test driven development, test first development, code refactoring and Profiling
- Knowledge of enterprise security domain, PSIM - Physical Security Information Management, including Access Control, Intrusion, Perimeter Detection, Video and Fire Systems
- International experience and communication, including collaboration with international teams remotely
- Certification on Python technologies
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Building Technology at: http://www.siemens.co.in/en/our-businesses/building-technologies.htm and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 108207
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time