Junior Software Developer - Python (INT)
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do, to learn, to grow for every stage of life.
Building Technology is an in-house global competence center for software engineering. We work closely with the Siemens Divisions to engineer creative products and services across the world. Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms an important part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Junior Software Developer (Python INT Programmer)
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Building Technologies. Here, we’re hiring for a Developer. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- You take a challenging role in the aggressive development of software modules, which shall integrate various 3rd party components (systems of access control, video control, intrusion detection, fire safety, build management) with a variety management station software mostly via a middleware
- Together with the project team, do regular estimation, planning and implementation of software components - adhering to the committed quality, content and timeline
- Participation in integration of the implemented modules and in the integration testing, with the aim of test automation to ensure the functionality of the individual software modules in the overall system.
- Process-compliant handling and use of the Siemens product development process and support to project team members as well as participation in the continuous process improvement around your area of responsibility.
You need to make real what matters
- B.E. / M.Sc. / MCA / B.Tech in Computer Science / Information Technology 1-3 years hands-on technical experience.
- 1 to 3 years of IT software development experience in a professional Python software development environment,
- Capability and willingness to software program the customer requirements using an object oriented approach and to thoroughly test them before delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and spoken
- Good hands-on experience on tools, like Eclipse, Pycharm or Visual Studio
- Potential to learn and to be self motivated
- Proactivity, enough to share knowledge, voice out problems and ask for help
- Passion towards Python programming, technology and problem solving
- Desirable to have
- Hands-on experience in Linux, Twisted Python, Pylint, Python Nose
- Hands-on experience on tools, like SVN, GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube, Resharper, NDepend
- Experience in 3rd party software integration projects
- Certification on Python technologies
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Building Technology at: http://www.siemens.co.in/en/our-businesses/building-technologies.htm and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 108208
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time