Lead Developer - Back End
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. A magnificent place to learn. A precise place to grow.
Building Technology is an in-house global competence center for software engineering. We work closely with the Siemens Divisions to engineer creative products and services across the world. Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms an important part of the global network of about 17,500 software authorities within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Building Technologies. Here, we’re hiring for a Lead Developer. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Lead Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- You will be responsible to handle complete ownership of multiple application back end interfaces,
- We need you to communicate and coordinate with global delivery teams for sprint execution,
- You will be undergoing Strategic understanding of overall micro services architecture from a digitalization perspective.
- Ability to work across new age scripting languages and adapt to rapidly changing technology stack.
What you need to make real what matters
- BE/ B.Tech with 8-10 years of experience.
- Deep proficiency in Python and well versed in one other language (Go/C++/Scala etc.)
- Experience with asynchronous programming would be a plus
- Should have significant experience developing working production grade software and maintaining it through a git version control system.
- Must have worked in a linux environment for a significant time (experience in multiple flavors is preferable)
- Basic shell scripting is a must.
- Experience in the AWS platform. Keeps up-to-date with developments and knows the offerings and has provisioned services before.
- Experience with MySQL, Postgre is a requirement. Furthermore any experience with document-db/k-v store/nosql is a huge plus.
- Experience with time series databases is welcome but not a requirement.
- Strong experience developing API’s especially REST and GraphQL.
- Experience building microservices.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration.
This role is primarily based at Pune. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Building Technology at: http://www.siemens.co.in/en/our-businesses/building-technologies.htm and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 108215
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time