Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories. To make difference join our Digitalization and Technology Solutions team based in Bangalore.
Are you passionate about growing your Development skills? We are looking for an energetic and talented Java Developer to join our Digitalization and Technology Solutions team in Bangalore.
This is your role. What part will you play?
• Requirement analysis and design of software solutions based on requirements and architectural /design guidelines.
• Implementation of features and/or bug-fixing and delivering solutions in accordance with coding guidelines and on-time with high quality.
• Identification and implementation of unit and integration tests to ensure solution addresses customer requirements, and quality, security requirements of product are met.
• Performing code review and creation / support for relevant documentation (requirement/design/test specification).
• Ensuring integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
• Performing regular technical coordination / review with stake holders and ensuring timely reporting and escalations if any.
• Supporting Project Manager for planning, ensuring risk identification and initiating steps towards risk mitigation.
What else do I need to know?
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• 2-6 years work experience in Software Engineering especially in professional software product development
• Proven skills in Java is a must
• Proven skills in Spring Framework
• Experience in web-services and knowledge in Micro Service Architecture
• Experience in Cloud Technology is a plus
• Experience in TDD, Cucumber and Mocking Frameworks is a plus
• Knowledge in NoSQL Databases is a plus
• Knowledge in Gradle and Jenkins is a plus
• Knowledge in Rule engines (i.e. Java Rule Engine) is a plus
• Knowledge in appstore technologies is a plus
• Knowledge in Coorperate infrastructures (SCD, eMail, ...) is a plus
• Must have good analytical, debugging ad tracing skills. Should be well-versed with clean code principles (DRY, KISS). Exposure to secure coding is beneficial.
• Sound knowledge of Software Engineering processes. Experience with Agile/Lean practices is preferred.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 108264
Organization: Internet of Things
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time