Software Engineer – Java & Spring boot
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do, to learn, to grow for every stage of life.
Building Technology is an in-house global competence center for software engineering. We work closely with the Siemens Divisions to engineer creative products and services across the world. Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms an important part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Building Technologies. Here, we’re hiring for a Developer. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- You will be responsible To learn / work on advanced technologies, including Python/ Django, AWS/ Azuer, DevOps, jQuery, HTML5, Bootstrap and many more in the future
- We need you to To collaborate with global software product teams, comprising architects and developers, To function in an efficient agile scrum team
- You will be part of a highly disciplined and influential work culture, where an individual's decision and contribution directly attribute to the success factor of the project
- You will be responsible to develop a versatile and a robust software infrastructure platform, for more sophisticated tools to be built on top
What you need to make real what matters
- B.E. / M.Sc. / MCA / B.Tech in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development using Java and Spring Boot with minimum 1-year hand-on in Cloud DevOps implementation.
- Very good hands-on experience in Java Enterprise Edition
- Very good hands-on experience in Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Hateoas.
- Very good hands-on experience in creating/ consuming REST Services using Spring Boot
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Good DevOps experience with Docker and Kubernetes on AWS
- Experience with Angular is an advantage
- Experience with Building Management Systems and Controllers is an advantage
- Experience in entire Application Life Cycle viz. requirement gathering, design, code, build, deploy, test, debug and release
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and spoken
- Potential to learn and to be self motivated
- Proactiveness, enough to share knowledge, voice out problems and ask for help
- Desirable to have
- Working experience in test driven development, test first development, code refactoring and profiling
- Working experience in agile software development (daily scrum, pair sessions, sprint planning, retro & review, clean code and self organized), configuration, testing and release management
- Good hands-on experience on tools, like Git, Jenkins and Terraform
- Hands-on experience in design patterns, design principles and OOAD
- International experience and communication, including a collaboration in virtual international teams
- Professionally and pragmatically approaching attitude to any situation
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Building Technology at: http://www.siemens.co.in/en/our-businesses/building-technologies.htm and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 108287
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time