The Test&Comissioning Engineer will be responsible to lead and manage, on the context of projects executed by Siemens Mobility, the tasks performed by the On-Shore Test and Commissioning team.
The position is based in our office in Tres Cantos (Madrid) travelling to the projects 20% approximately.
• Responsible for compliance with the testing strategy defined during the T&C phase of the project, in cost and time.
• Support the Test Manager in the coordination of field tests. Regarding tests the Test&Comissioning Engineer will be coordinated with all areas of the company involved in the project during the T&C phase (installation team, engineering team supporting field tests, etc).
• Monitoring the activities under his competence, reporting the progress to the Technical Project Leader (TPL) and the Test Manager and communicating it to the rest of the Delivery Managers.
• Responsibility for the Creation and Management of the T&C Team.
• Responsibility for the proper management of the budget related to the activities under his/her scope.
• Ensure compliance with the overall testing strategy during the T&C phase of the project
• Creation and Management of the T&C Team
• Support to the Test Manager in the definition, creation and coordination of the field tests (at system level) and associated documentation to the T&C Phase of the project (concordance and similar tests, ...) in close collaboration, if required, with the Delivery Managers.
• Support to the Test Manager in the definition, creation and coordination of on-shore system tests and associated documentation to the T&C Phase (integration tests, system tests, test running, ... or similar) in close collaboration, if required, with the Delivery Managers and the System Manager.
• Ensure the availability and correct use of the special tools required by the subsystems for the T&C phase.
• Definition of the spare parts list required for the Test & Commissioning phase and ensure its availability.
• Preparation and updating of the site surveys required for the Test & Commissioning Phase.
• Ensure the performance of field tests (at component level, Partial Acceptance Tests) with the Test Manager and the different Delivery Managers (ATS Set to work, IxL Set to work, ... or similar).
• Ensure field testing at system level with the Test Manager, System Manager and the different Delivery Managers.
• Coordination and participation in the execution of field tests, together with the Test Manager.
• Planning and coordination of tests during the Commissioning phase, with the support of the Test Manager
• Attendance to coordination meetings with third parties for the correct weekly planning of tests (or as required by the project).
• Attendance to meetings required by the client to report KPIs/Statistics/Progress/... if required.
• Ensure the correct allocation of resources, materials, tools, etc. to execute the tests in an optimal way, both for our own tests and for third party tests in which support is needed from the signalling equipment.
• Report of incidences and statistics related to the tests carried out during the T&C phase of the project (non-conformities, incidences in field tests...) to the Test Manager.
• Support to the Test Manager in the report of statistics/KPIs related to the test logs/non-conformities to the TPL and its communication to the Delivery Managers.
• Support to the Test Manager in the compilation and follow-up of the completeness of the test reports associated to the test protocols related to the T&C Phase.
• Support to the Test Manager in the provision of test reports to the validation team (Safety department).
• Support for activities and documentation related to the Safety Case and Independent Safety Assessment ISA.
• Execution of safety activities related to tests according to the Safety & Assurance Plan (SRACs, safety reports if required, formal review of Safety Case...).
• Application of the configuration management required by the project according to the Configuration Management plan generated by the Configuration Manager (documentation management, subsystem configuration baselines, Change Request management relative to the subsystem, ...)
• Identify and analyse problems/difficulties faced during the T&C Phase to be fixed or improved.
• Recording and dissemination of lessons learned to the Project Team, the T&C Team members and the rest of the organization.
• University or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Telecommunications, Automation, Computer Science, or similar.
• Desirable Railways Engineering.
• At least 1-year involved with Commissioning Management Activities.
• Desirable 2-year experience as Test Engineer (On-Shore and Off-Shore) or similar.
• Project Team Members/Parties coordination.
• Familiar with safety documents (SRACs, Hazard Analysis, etc).
• Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Continuous improvement mind-set as a must.
• Good communicative and integrative sills, both oral and written.
• Availability for travelling 20% average.
Good Knowledge about:
• Test Management.
• Test applicable methodologies.
• Drawings interpretation
• CENELEC Regulations (or similar standards) about product lifecycle.
• General Computer knowledge.
• General Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
• Desirable, experience about Macro-Based documents preparation.
• Ability to adapt own methodologies to a cloud-based environment.
• Familiar with IBM DOORS usage and Requirements Traceability.
• Fluent Spanish Spoken and written.
• English, B2 or equivalent
Job ID: 108336
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time