Senior Technical Support Engineer
Upon joining the team, you will be responsible for providing Engineering & Technical Support to the field service team of Siemens but also to our external customers.
• Provide 1st line support to Field Service during un-scheduled shutdowns, including the provision of technical workscopes.
• Troubleshoot on Core, Package and Mechanical related issues.
• Provide 'round the clock' 24hr support functionality via out of hours support hotline when required.
• Implement approved design changes and mechanical modifications that may be required to bring the product up to specification
• Carry out on site Field Service activities worldwide as and when required
• Maintain knowledge database with technical solutions and equipment details in appropriate systems.
• Interact with Service Engineering dept to optimise installation, site repair, commissioning and maintenance procedures
• Interact with Remote Diagnostics Centre. Some responsibility to develop, test and deploy new diagnostic tools and techniques, helping maintain Siemens at the pinnacle of innovation.
• Support specialist training for Field Service team members
• Ensure compliance with company / customer HSE policy during all activities
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• Demonstrable experience gained working on engine systems or equivalent field experience
• Ability to use knowledge to diagnose related problems and result in corrective actions.
• Ability to describe system functions clearly and to provide detailed support to customers and field staff through the Service Help Desk.
• Effective communicator and ability to think and work clearly under pressure.
• Ability to understand gas turbine control systems, including knowledge in ladder logic code and other forms of gas turbine control software variants
• Demonstrable role model behaviour that promotes zero harm
Job ID: 108355
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time