Software Testing - QE
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go, we make sure it makes its way.
How do you shape the future through Energy Management? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow, the talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Energy Management. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Energy Management. We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality. In this role, you will contribute to test case writing, test case creation and test case execution for various components of EnergyIP® product. Join our team and we will help you find the right path for your career through our wide range of opportunities.
We make real what matters
- You will be involved in test case writing/execution and test data creation for product enhancements and new features.
- You will be performing bug replication and verification for various EnergyIP® Service Pack releases.
- You will be writing and maintaining Test Automation scripts.
- You will work closely with development and product management teams to analyze and resolve product defects.
- You will create and maintain testing documentation (test plans, test cases/scripts, defect reports, etc.).
- You will be responsible for
certifying the release candidate for a particular release and sending QAC
report to build and release team. You will also be required to present
demos/training sessions to cross functional teams on the areas owned.
What you need to make real what matters
- Go and Getter Attitude
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- B.E. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as Software Quality Engineer in testing Java background applications and Database applications.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Basics of Unix/Linux
- Experience in test automation
- Basic knowledge of any programming/scripting language. Preferred, Java/JRuby
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex Java and database applications
- Strong XML concepts (XML Schema, XPath etc).
- Experience in testing Web applications and experience working with Web Application Containers (eg. Tomcat, Jetty)
- Experience testing backend Java applications
- Good concepts in Web Services and Experience in testing web services (SOAP, REST)
- Experience Messaging tools/technologies (Tibco, JMS, Kafka)
- Experience of build deployments and troubleshooting on server side
- Good Understanding of Software Development/Test Life Cycle. Exposure to Agile development methodology
- Experience in using Defect Tracking System. JIRA preferred.
- Experience in using Test Management Tools. Test Rail preferred.
- Experience in using Software Configuration Management tools (Perforce, CVS etc.)
- We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
This role is primarily based at Noida. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Process Industries and Drives at: and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 108393
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time