Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Come and join our team as Commodity Manager to perform a full range of strategic sourcing activities and Commodity Management functions for Instruments and Consumables products produced at our site in Sudbury, Suffolk. You will also support other six Point of Care plants world wide, so some international travel will be required.
This role would suit you if you're looking to step into a management role. We offer great opportunities for progression and career development.
The start date for this role is October 2019.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Develops complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials for domestic and international purchases.
- Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements. Reducing on an annual basis the cost of purchased parts providing positive purchase price changes and year on year reduction of standard costs
- Manage supplier capabilities in order to deliver materials in line with business requirements in terms of quality and supply.
- Manage Supply Chain risk from both a supplier and individual part perspective with regular assessment and mitigation.
- Working with Healthcare Strategic Procurement colleagues, develop new supply sources to support existing and new product requirements. Ensuring the identification and qualification of capable suppliers with the involvement and support of technical personnel where appropriate.
- Ensure accurate standard costs, are maintained for new and existing products.
- Performs value analysis to identify cost improvements. Identify and co-ordinate cost-reduction opportunities for materials ensuring correct approvals and evaluations are obtained.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/point-of-care-testing
Your qualifications and experience:
- Successful experience in purchasing – demonstrating coverage of key fundamental aspects / responsibilities of the role as described above.
- Familiar with lean concepts and tools
- Certification of a professional body associated with procurement preferred
Your personality and skills:
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Strong Analytical Skills – ability to deal with large amounts of complex data
- Highly organised and results oriented with a ‘strong’ quality ethos.
- Financial awareness of the ‘inter dependencies’ of procurement decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to drive and deliver new initiatives and business improvements
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Driving Licence
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Job ID: 108449
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time