Field Service Turbine Fitter for Siemens Power Generation Services
The Field Service Turbine Fitter is a field-based, customer-facing role that work on either Large Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines or Aero derivative turbine outages at customer sites.
This work includes disassembly and reassembly of GT components utilizing hydraulically tensioned bolting, hydraulic wrenches, lifting & rigging equipment, cutting and heating torches, thread repair, etc
Our Filed Service Engineer needs to take ownership of assigned tasks and may lead Siemens, Sub-contractor or customer technicians in the implementation of work activities at site, dependent on outage scope providing hands on work with a team of Siemens Field Service personnel.
As this is a Field Based assignment, personnel are not required to be in our offices between assignments. When not dispatched to an outage site, personnel may travel to customer sites for preparation and survey activities related to upcoming outages including part preparation or to our Tool Facility for specific tasks associated with preparation of outage tooling.
- College degree is required (not university) with a related technical major.
- At least 4 years experiences working with Rotating equipment for Gas and Steam turbines used in Power Generation or aircraft engine maintenance.
- Shall be familiar with utilization of precision equipment to set and align components including micrometers, feeler gauges, torque measuring equipment, etc. Quality processes include the requirements to be able to fully complete datasheets recording component data and clearances. Candidate is expected to demonstrate skills with disassembly of components that operate at high temperature including stationary and rotating parts.
- Must have basic level of English capability for both written and spoken. Expected to read and understand written English technical documentation.
- Global mindset. Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work with teams and stakeholders around the globe
- Ability and willingness to travel and provide service in assigned geography
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required
- Valid driver's license and car to be able to travel to sites independently.
- Legally allowed to work in South Korea
- Qualifications and experience associated with Forklift, Bridge crane operation, scaffolding inspection, lifting and rigging, etc. is desirable
- : ASAP
Others to know
Job ID: 108563
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time