Field Service I&C Technician / Fitter for Siemens Power Generation Services
We are looking for an experienced I&C technician that has worked with all types of Turbine instrumentation and has the flexibility to take on mechanical tasks when not utilized on instrumentation activities
- to have familiarity with thermocouples, RTD’s, pressure sensors, vibration sensors, rotary encoders, etc and be skilled with removal and reassembly of associated sensors, cabling, conduit, enclosures and fittings associated with their installation in equipment that operates at high temperature.
- to document work performed including report of work done and datasheets.
- to take ownership of assigned tasks and may lead sub-contracted or customer technicians in the implementation of work activities at site, dependent on outage scope. This technician/fitter will primarily work hands on in a Team of Siemens Field Service personnel, though specific I&C troubleshooting tasks may require individual dispatch.
As this is a Field Based assignment, personnel are not required to be in our offices between assignments. When not dispatched to an outage site, personnel may travel to customer sites for preparation and survey activities related to upcoming outages including part preparation or to our Tool Facility for specific tasks associated with preparation of outage tooling (focus on I&C and Electrical tooling).
- College degree is required (not university) with a related technical major.
- At least 4 years experiences working with Field Instrumentation is required.
- Must have basic level of English capability for both written and spoken. Expected to read and understand written English technical documentation.
- Global mindset. Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work with teams and stakeholders around the globe
- Ability and willingness to travel and provide service in assigned geography
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required
- Valid driver's license and car to be able to travel to sites independently.
- Legally allowed to work in South Korea
- : ASAP
Others to know
Job ID: 108564
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time