Job Title: Quality Professional
About the role
The QA/QC Professional performs the following roles:
- Ensure that QA/QC processes have been followed per the QA/QC plan.
- Monitor QA/QC implementation and effectiveness.
- Maintain and ensure product quality during execution of the site / project.
- Cross check QA/QC documentation for completeness and correctness.
- Keep track of the site / project progress and ensure QA/QC hold points are executed and verified.
- Ensure the delivery of quality products meeting engineering/legal specifications and customer acceptance standards.
- Oversee the Work’s product confirmation process performing audits and inspections as required to ensure the process is performing to specification.
- Analyze and manage internal and external quality data, guiding teams in achieving robust interim containment and permanent corrective actions for quality concerns.
- Liaise with external suppliers and customers to deliver Zero Defects across the value stream
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions to achieve product-quality objectives.
- Document Management
- Ability to ensure compliance of controlled documents.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Correctly evaluates the facts and unforeseen situations in order to make the best decisions.
- Is proficient at negotiation and persuasion.
- Adapts to individuals and situations when interacting with people.
- Is receptive with an opened mind.
- Establishes fruitful interpersonal relationships.
- Cautiously analyzes data.
- Verifies document completion for compliance with standards and specifications.
- Drafts reports within prescribed time frames and in accordance with regulations.
- Approves required certificates.
- Adopts a rigorous approach to problem solving within a regulatory context.
- Adapts to unforeseen situations.
- Assesses the urgency of situations.
- Makes realistic and appropriate decisions.
- Follows up on compliance issues until final resolution.
- Is very proficient with regulatory requirements and good practices, regulatory requirements, and company and industry standards.
- Judiciously identifies non-compliance situations.
- Proposes realistic and relevant actions.
- Ensures product integrity and compliance based on standards and regulations.
- Complies with established timelines.
- Communicate with the Engineer/Process Manager and other technical/task leads.
- Prepare and/or review project glossary to ensure all authors and reviewers work from the same terminology.
- Confirm the project expectations and format for the documentation being prepared.
- Coordinate with other discipline authors to ensure consistency between documents and avoid contradictory information or findings.
What do I need to qualify?
- Bachelors Degree in Quality Management or relevant Engineering related field.
- Minimum of 7 years within manufacturing / engineering and quality organisation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The ability to coach and audit Quality Operating System procedures and quality tools, including prevent recurrence.
- Very good knowledge of Quality Operating System and processes.
- Fluent English language capabilities, both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills required; MS Ofiice Package (Excel, Word, Power point, etc)
- Ability to interface with senior management sand cross functional teams.
- Leadership capability to adopt and drive implementation of global best Quality practices
- Ability to implement relevant solutions to problems or situational changes.
- Quality Assurance
- Ability to ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices and regulatory requirements by liaising with Engineering Department.
Job ID: 108568
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time