Job title: Application Expert Engineer
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- SPOC for Power User concerning the related application
- Perform 2nd level support (if 1st level could not solve the issue) and clarification of bugs
- Check incoming service tickets, forward them to the related developer, if applicable, and find the best possible solution for the customer
- Forward Change Requests to the application DMB (Demand Management Board)
- Document and report outages
- Analyze outages and perform measures in order to avoid issues in the future
- Authorize users
- Perform application specific configurations
- Implement re-organizations in the application
- Manage, coordinate and approve releases (bug fixes & change requests with responsible project manager)
- Perform integration tests (also on the level of web services)
- Perform compatibility testing (before new o/s, hardware, NW, security patches are required to be implemented in the application servers)
- Develop Knowledge base and lessons learned documents
- Participate in the service costs determination discussions with the business stakeholders
- Support user acceptance tests
- Maintain application-related documentation (SPOT, FACTS and ESOA Wiki)
- Carry out performance analysis in case of issues in the related tools
- Service Monitoring - Check log files and monitoring outputs
- Identify measures to optimize the application service
- Manage licenses
- Manage functional users
- Maintain interfaces (only configuration updates, no implementation)
- Manage quality (ensure compliance processes)
- Execute security measures (CERT, ACP, Info Sec)
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Analytic capabilities, ability to learn quickly and organizational skills
- Abstraction capability and logical thinking
- Social competence: the ability to work in teams and excellent communication skills
- Customer-focused behavior, proactive action and initiative
- Capability to collaborate with responsibility and respect
- Current know-how in web-based applications and IT architecture/distributed systems
- Profound understanding of the ESOA methodology
- Several years of experience in Service Management
- For trainings: empathy and coaching skills
- Basic knowledge in databases and programming
- Basic knowledge in development approaches (e.g. agile methods like SCRUM)
- Knowledge in the following tools: TFS, JIRA, Polarion, App Dynamics, SoapUI, Graylog, Confluence
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 108614
Organization: Internet of Things
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time