Looking for your next big challenge? We might be able to help you.
Your challenge will be…
Contract manager play a meaningful role for an organization as they direct and lead all aspects of contracts throughout their lifecycle. Serving as the liaison between companies, employees and providers. They are main facilitators for negotiations, recommendations, record keeping, monitoring, change management, and more. This requires expert knowledge of contract management to manage the entire contract lifecycle effectively and includes:
- Definition of new frame contracts or contract changes for global IT Application and Infrastructure Services (e.g. IaaS Data-Center Cloud / Non-Cloud, PaaS and SaaS, End User Centric services, Outsourcing and Offshoring of services, among other services);
- Management of multi-disciplinary negotiation teams in a global virtual environment including the coordination of all parties as well as the final editorial work on the contract texts;
- Provide transparency for relevant contract parameter (e.g. financial volume, provider obligations, costs, termination regulations);
- Analyze, prepare and comment on IT sourcing processes (Request for proposal), contributing to the contract related documents, by e.g. giving proactive advice on contractual obligations;
- Contribute to contract reviews with the goal to optimize existing frame contracts and optimize negotiation-positions, as well as contribute to the implementation of the improvements together with involved departments;
- Documentation and archiving of all relevant frame contract documents, according to the Siemens IT procedures and using the tools in place (Service Now, AdobeSign, SharePoint);
- Contribute to the continuous development of IT Application and Infrastructure contract and claim strategy for internal and external providers, with continuous responsibility for process improvements;
- Execution of specific contract claim procedures for Siemens IT Application and Infrastructure contracts, including preparation and creation of claim letters and support of the settlement processes.
Does this sound good? Our perfect candidate must have…
- Relevant educational degree (e.g. Economics, IT and Law) and proven experience in this area (> 5y);
- Structured, accurate and with effective written and verbal communication on a business level;
- Proficiency in English; German and/or other languages are an advantage;
- Work autonomously;
- Strong teamwork and cooperation skills in an international working environment;
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills (process optimization);
- Problem Solving;
- Ability to Work Under Stress and Time Management;
- Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 700 employees with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, User Experience, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out: www.siemens.pt/lxtechhub
Our Office Perks
Fresh fruit and coffee, remote work, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering hours, sushi&pizza days, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to foster agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 108650
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time