Business Administration & Store Supervisor
The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System (PMS) is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Business Administration & Store Supervisor.
What are my responsibilities ?
· Manage invoicing procedures, account payable and account receivables
· Ability to input, retrieve and analyze commercial data
· Basic account knowledge and understanding on financial reports
· Knowledge on warehouse controlling and store supervision
· Knowledge on Inventory controlling, valuation & methods
· Knowledge on logistic, import – export procedures e.g. Clearance, Ocean Freight, Transporters
· Supervise day-to-day operations in warehouse
· Supervise loading and unloading operations
· Supervise forklift, reach truck and pallet jack operations
· Supervision and co-ordination of staff engaged in store activities
· Supervise and direct warehouse staff; put employee safety as a top priority
· Motivate and lead warehouse staff to effectively carry out given tasks
· Improve warehouse work processes through strategic planning in order to create a more efficient fulfillment system
· Ability to coach employees
· Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing warehouse policies and procedures
· Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
· Bachelor Degree in Business Commerce or similar
· Minimum 5 years of experience either in Business Administration or Warehouse
· Experience to manage team size >3 employees as supervisor or team leader or manager
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to analyze & report commercial figures
· Problem-solving, decision-making skills
· Works well with others in an integrated team environment
· Confident user of MS word, MS excel and Power Point
What else do I need to know ?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 108651
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time