Research & Development Senior Engineer Auxiliary Systems (mechanical)
R&D engineer for Mechanical Auxiliary Systems: Balance of Plant
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Gas and Power
Position: Full- time
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Develop new R&D concepts and schemes based on new ‘design to cost’ ideas. Study and prepare cost optimized auxiliary scope. Conduct internal R&D and external stakeholders reviews to finalize the concepts for their technical and commercial requirements fulfilling. Prepare engineering drawings & documents (P&IDs, layouts and technical specification of equipments), system descriptions. Ensure correctness of documentation in line with guidelines and customer specifications, interface with customers / consultants for technical discussions & approvals, report progress (including risks) and key issues to superiors in order to meet R&D project milestones.
- Plan and review R&D BOP activities as per new product development process. Interacting with global R&D experts, other engineering / operations groups, interfaces to ensure timely completion of project milestones.
- Provide R&D support to engineering and Project Management teams on technical issues, support in cost control
- Interact with vendors and supply chain personnel for freezing the specifications and technical requirements (pre order and post order) in order to meet the customer contract requirements and keep project within cost.
- Quality management: Establish process / equipment documentation including specification for performance testing, work instructions and inspection and test requirements in order to ensure implementation of quality requirements.
- Cost reduction: Standardize the specifications and purchase requirements / engineering of equipments / activities in order to achieve reduction in engineering hours and/or better costs
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Engineering Graduate (Mechanical) with 8-10 years of experience in handling plant engineering activities of industrial steam turbines plant projects. M.Tech. candidates will be preferred.
- Sound technical knowhow of steam turbine auxiliaries and their functionality. Strong presentation skills. Strong collaboration/ teamwork skills within an international team.
- Conversant with latest Codes and Standards API, HEI, TEMA, ASME etc.
· Experience of execution of projects with oil & gas customers will be an added advantage.
- Well versed with AutoCAD and Microsoft office. Experience in 3D modeling software shall be added advantage
- Knowledge of HRSG, Steam & Water cycle or Cooling Water cycle
- Site experience during erection and commissioning and troubleshooting shall be added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of turbine startup cycle, deaerator selection, wander control valve, sealing system.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 108657
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time