Project Engineer for Gas Turbine Modernization
Gas Turbine modernization support and project controlling
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Creation of technical offers for Gas turbine modernizations and upgrades with focus on core engine hardware
- Analysis of technical risks related to upgrade products
- Communication within the engineering to define required hardware scope on a site specific basis within defined boundary conditions
- Product development support for component engineering
- Creation of drawings in 3D CAD Software (Preferred in NX or Creo), material masters and bill of materials in SAP, upgrade documentation in PCM-System (Bsols)
- Controlling and scheduling of R&D projects incl. load evaluations on department level in MS-Excel or MS-Enterprise
- Support of COE projects for first time applications with technical product documentation
- Analysis of power plant data to derive appropriate upgrade products for this engine
- Support testing preparation and field validation including testing on customer sites.
- Lead and facilitate fast resolution of technical issues of upgraded engines. This includes evaluation of a root cause, solution development and implementation followed by verification/validation.
- Apply principles of Integrated Product Development (IPD) and Siemens Development System (SDS) and promote this as a culture to achieve targets.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical/Materials/Aerospace Engineer graduate/Post graduate from recognized college/university
- 5+ years of experience in gas turbine, aerospace or equivalent field in two or more roles (engineering or operation)
- Excellent working knowledge of the design and operation of gas turbines incl. thermodynamic understanding
- Advanced skills in MS-Office, NX and/or Creo CAD Software, SAP, Teamcenter and PCM documentation, VBA Programming
- Strong project management experience and drive; demonstrated ability to receive a development target and drive it to completion.
- Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
- Proven examples of proactive leadership and initiative.
- Familiarity with the Product Development Process (PDP) as well as six sigma and lean principles and tools
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 108700
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time