Solution Engineer OCS
From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has exciting opportunities for a Data Application Solution Engineer. This role will be located in the Melbourne office. The Siemens Mobility team is looking for an individual that is aligned with our company values: excellent, innovative and responsible to carry out design, checking and testing of application data for train control systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and test data configurations for Train Control Systems using data engineering/ system configuration tools.
- Perform work estimates and planning for modifications to existing TCS systems and for new applications of TCS systems.
- Engineer changes to software based systems, including creation of and modifications to GUI screens.
- Develop detailed solutions for integration to ensure the correct interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Configure the components and systems of the solution according to the specified requirements of the customer.
- Perform analysis and clarification of requirements.
- Prepare data design, data process and data test documentation.
- Deliver project work on time and to budget, with or without supervision. Maintain accurate timekeeping records for project reporting.
The successful candidate:
- Holds a degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Control Systems or Information Technology.
- Demonstrates experience in one or more of the following as an advantage:
- Domain knowledge in the Rail Industry, Transport, or Automated Control Systems
- Technical knowledge related to the Rail domain: schematic displays, signalling, ladder logic or constraint programming
- Tools and Languages:
- Scripting, (Perl, Unix shell, Windows scripting
- Coding (C++, Java), macros
- Excel, XML
- Possesses analytical skills to investigate issues, systematically test and bug-fix complex system configurations.
The successful candidate's approach is to:
- apply continuous process improvement to area of responsibility
- work co-operatively and transparently in a team environment
- display ownership, responsibility and excellence in work and value learning
- effectively communicate within team, inter-team and to team lead.
- thrive in a workplace which values diversity
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 108759
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time