Technical Support Engineer - SGT-400 and SGT-600
Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
Technical Support engineer is responsible for providing support to internal and external customers in technical matters, primarily focused on operating support. As the gas turbine fleet grows and thus the number of cases we handle, we need to expand the group to strengthen our industrial gas turbines SGT-400 and SGT-600. We provide technical support 24/7 for our external customers. We support our internal customers during office hours.
What are my responsibilities?
- Carry Clarification of complex and non-repetitive Engineering issues that range widely from coatings, materials, heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluids, combustion, etc for Field service/Order implementation for the above scope. Display innovative thinking in applying principles and concepts in such clarification.
- Participate in root cause analyzes, R & D product development and support solutions on technical requests that require deep knowledge of deployment.
- Also answer less acute operational support issues from customers, field service engineers and market teams.
- Close cooperation with many groups within Services such as field service and engineering as well as specialists e.g. Combustion, vibration and performance.
- Provide test instructions for service provider service and obtain maintenance instructions.
- Training for internal and external staff.
- Perform Site visits and troubleshoot for detailed technical issues in the plant which required vast knowledge and advanced skills of plant operation with no existing procedure or practices. Such cases of urgent issues requiring fast feedback and support of customer meetings on GT or other components related issues.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college/university or the recognized equivalent in directly related work experience
- Product knowledge of power industry SGT400 and 600 as well as previous experience of service / deployment is a requirement.
- Good knowledge of English in speech and writing.
- As a person, you are solution-oriented, courageous and confident in yourself.
- You are communicative and have good teamwork.
- Minimum 2-6 years directly related work experience
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 108832
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time