We are recruiting for the role of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software Solution Architect representing Siemens Industry Software in the UK Services Team, responsible for the translation of business requirements into specific and practical application designs for the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software solutions (primarily Teamcenter, Tecnomatix and NX) in line with the customer’s processes and requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be working on projects on the leading edge of innovation from F1 to Submarines to domestic appliances, heavy industry or anything in between.
The Solution Architect is the lead technical authority for the customer PLM solution. The role provides direction for design, deployment, testing and rollout activities either internally or at customer sites and acts as a trusted advisor to customers, providing guidance through the complexity of technical requirements and solutions.
· Assist the Project Manager in the planning and effective application of technical elements of change and risk management principles to the project, where required.
· Undertake appropriate business process requirements gathering, solution definition and delivery, running workshops, fit/gap analysis
· Co-ordinate and oversee user acceptance testing based on the initial functional and non-functional specifications from the business
· Provide advice on the problem-solving of strategic technical issues through to resolution, providing considered consultancy and viable solutions to the customer with excellent understanding and consideration of risks, costs, benefits and possibilities offered by customization vs. configuration.
· Demonstrate thought leadership and effectively influence key contacts
· Provide information and feedback to customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner ensuring that key messages are communicated effectively
· Adhere to and promote Siemens Delivery Methodology in the creation of quality technical and functional specifications and templates, contributing to ongoing development
· Provide, where relevant, coaching, mentoring and guidance to others
What do I need to qualify for the role?
of Siemens PLM product marketplace
· Knowledge of Siemens product suite or similar
· Experience of software testing
· Previous experience of designing technical solutions
· Excellent understanding of configuration control practices
· Excellent understanding of software installation practices
· Basic project management skills
· Adaptable and flexible; able to respond to requests/requirements at short notice with little lead time
· Strong ability to build and maintain client relationships and expectations.
· Working knowledge of hardware and operating systems architecture
· Knowledge of PLM tools and processes, preferably Teamcenter.
· Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: Java, ITK, PLMXML, XML, XSTL, C, C++, would be an advantage.
· Excellent communications skills, both spoken and written, with good presentation skills.
· Team player who is able to work well with all people; including engineers and senior managers.
· Self-starter who can show Initiative and work autonomously when required.
· Willingness and drive to learn and develop.
What else do I need to know?
Travel Requirements: Occasional international travel, mostly Europe.
Siemens local office/Home 10% to 20%
Customer site(s) 60% to 80%
Job ID: 108883
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time