Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference -
make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly
developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As a System Engineer Vehicle Control you will be responsible developing control software for
our Locomotives, this includes:
• Definition of system requirements, architecture and system interface specifications for
• Design TCMS systems, defining software structure and writing software requirement
• Software implementation of control functions using various methods and tools. (Experience
with PLC programming shall also be considered)
• Generation of software test specifications and conducting code review.
• Software testing with help of Lab View simulation. Using automatic testing tools based on
Python, C++. Carry out developer tests, integration tests and validation tests.
• Analysing diagnostic information, bug fixing and defining new control logics to improve the
• Software troubleshooting, maintenance and release control.
• Generating customer documentation and modification of software to meet revised customer
• Provide technical support to Customer Service, Project Management on the level of the
Excited about this career opportunity? We are looking for experienced professionals who
fulfill the following requirements and criteria.
• We are looking for candidates having Bachelors or Masters degree in electrical or
electronics, with 5 to 6 years of relevant rolling stock experience.
• Domain knowledge of vehicle control, testing and commissioning. Experience in locomotive
domain shall be preferred.
• Knowledge of TCN architecture and various system integration for rolling stock (trains,
metros or locomotives)
• Experience with vehicle diagnostics and troubleshooting in domain of rolling stock.
• Knowledge on interfacing with sub systems and integration of locomotive/train sub systems
will be given preference.
• Experience working with serial communication protocols such as MVB, WTB, Ethernet, CAN
RS 485 etc.
• Working experience with software development tools, DOORs, SAP, MS Visio.
• Basic understanding of standards such as IEC 50128, IEC 61131, IEC 61375 etc.
• Business fluent in English as well as intercultural experience.
• Integration and validation testing of control systems on locomotives is required.
• Acquiring customer approvals by performing customer Validation trails.
• Requires appropriate visits to customer sites and travelling on locomotives.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're
dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the
communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination to help us shape tomorrow.