The Siemens Power Generation Services Division offers a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, to enable our customers within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries to achieve high reliability and optimal performance of their rotating power equipment.
In addition to our conventional services we offer Digital Services that enable customers to create new business models and manage their risk, improve their performance and ultimately increase their profitability.
Job Title: Draftsman
About the role
Prepares technical CAD-models and drawings
- Prepares drawings and other technical documents.
- Converts detailed technical solutions into CAD-models and derives the related drawings.
- Revises drawings or CAD-models according to instructions.
- Keeps drawings standards.
- May support the specialist engineer at calculations or dimensioning by preparation of suitable models.
- May support the project team by creating suitable visualizations of solutions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Should have an in depth knowledge and experience of drafting 3D and 2D steam turbine and compressor components.
- Should be highly pro-efficient in creating 3D models and detailed manufacturing drawings via SolidEdge or NX. An added advantage will be sound CNC machine programming capability.
What do I need to qualify?
- Minimum Grade 12 Qualification or Relevant Equivalent Tertiary qualification
- A Certificate in Computer Aided Drafting is essential
- Minimum 3 - 5 years exp post qualification within manufacturing environment
- Must have worked in a Production and Manufacturing workshop environment with rotating equipment e.g lathe machines, Milling machines, grinders
- Outstanding fluency and skill within the AutoCAD program
- Excellent communication skills; listening, comprehension, and feedback
Job ID: 109060
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time