Field Service Engineer
What are my responsibilities?
A turbine field service specialist represents a competent partner in all areas associated with the new installation and service of steam and gas turbines. He is responsible for the execution of technical matters in all areas directly related to both steam and gas turbine field assembly; prefer to have large steam turbine Mods & Up site experience.
- Performs complex and technically demanding work within area of technical expertise
- Effectively identifies technical or schedule problems as they occur and takes appropriate actions to resolve including escalation of more complex issues to a higher level
- Provides expert advice and technical assistance to support staff and subordinate technicians
- Performs complex maintenance on tools, fixtures, and equipment
- Works closely with site leads, supervisors, and fellow employees and assist them in meeting customer needs
- Performs day to day activities as part of a team or as a stand-alone function
- Provides all required documentation and reports in a timely manner and according to procedure.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering with emphasis on power generation or rotation equipment is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in power generation engineering or manufacturing technical supervision or hands on experience for mechanical assembly.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of power plant equipment and applies through successful completion of assignments.
- Self-motivated with strong customer focus
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- strong emphasis on quality of work and Siemens values
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English and in Chinese and to interface with in a wide range of organizations both internally and externally.
- Good communication skill, open personality and team work spirit
Job ID: 109104
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time