You will have the opportunity to build a deep knowledge of business imperatives and operational issues, as well as the opportunity to full participate in the business whilst undertaking a Level 3 HR Support Apprentice or Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner Apprenticeship.
The HR function is a site-based team who work closely with all areas of business to deliver our strategic people priorities with solutions that linked directly to using best-in-class HR practices.
The challenges start on day one, as you share responsibility for major business decisions. We are proud of our long-standing tradition of developing talent.
As an Apprentice undertaking this course you will provide expert HR advise with a HR team across. This is a great way to further your career within HR or a starting platform into a new career working with professional HR experts in a global organisation.
As an apprentice you will gain valuable work experience, on the job training whilst working toward an industry recognised CIPD recognised qualification.
The role also involves providing first level HR advice to UK employees and managers. This person is knowledgeable of company policies and procedures will often act as a first point of contact for HR administration, advice and guidance on recruitment, benefits and employee relation issues.
This position will have access to confidential information so must exercise discretion and judgment in their work. Work requires some analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment. May make contacts with individuals both inside and outside the company relaying information that is highly sensitive or confidential. Operates under minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Level 3 Apprentice
- Acts as a first point of contact for general HR queries.
- Responsible for all HR Administration including all starter and leaver processes, provides wide range of first level advice to line managers and employees, in line with Company processes, policies and employment legislation
- Liaises with HR Operations to ensure all SAP HR information is correct for all UK employees. Ensures HR data and information is managed and stored in accordance with Data Protection legislation
- Maintains and updates all personnel files, in line with Company process, policies and current legislation
- Works with UK HR Manager and HR team on improving and updating UK HR Intranet
- Prepares employee letters including amendment to contracts, completes references and other requests from third parties such as HMRC
- Suggests and implement improvements to processes
- Manages purchase order process for HR team, including raising requisitions and dealing with invoices in SAP, ensuring the appropriate approvals have been received
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager from time to time.
Level 5 Apprentice
- As well as the above
- Employee Relations – enabling you to work closely with employees and management to help build a skilled and motivated team that delivers excellence
- Operational HR – Guidance in operating as a business partner to line managers to facilities the implementation of our people cycle plan and providing relevant support for workforce planning and development.
- You will help drive organisational effectiveness through training initiatives and talent development strategies
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
- HR Team for UK and EMEA
- SISW employees UK and Globally
- Siemens Internal Recruitment Team
- Employee Benefit Providers
- Government Bodies
- Good level of administration experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Experience of working in a HR Advisor/Administration role
- A working knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Experience of using SAP
Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, our business works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Digital Industries Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 109230
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time