Entry Level Electrical Engineer:
The Medium Voltage (MV) Business Unit of Siemens Energy is looking for highly qualified and energetic Engineers for out Air Insulated Switchgear Business Segment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with guidance from a mentor or Sr. Engineer to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of Medium Voltage switchgears. Typical documents include:
o Panel Layout
o Electrical schematics
o Product Configuration
o Wiring diagrams
o Nameplate schedule
• Develop knowledge of Engineering Base CAD software to complete drawings.
• Visually compare design of component, or other equipment with drawing of parts, matching coordinating points for accuracy of fit.
• Work with the factory manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues.
• Understand that job descriptions change over time. You are expected to maintain competence, awareness, and compliance with your job.
• Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills in the English language; must be fluent in English.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Proven experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
Considered a plus but not required:
• 1+ years of Electrical design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms.
• Electrical design/drafting experience with Engineering Base (Microsoft Visio) and/or AutoCAD Electrical
• A Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of power systems.
• Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
• Experience creating and working with CAD smart blocks
• Experience with electrical design for medium voltage switchgear
• Working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in low voltage power distribution products.