Maintenance Project Manager - DTUP
Siemens Rolling Stock are recruiting for a Maintenance Project Manager to join their team at Siemens. The Maintenance Project Manager will represent the interests of UK Maintenance and Service team, UK Asset and Engineering team, Erlangen CS departments and will influence the fleet manufacture and commissioning phase from an end user maintenance point of view. The Maintenance Project Manager will cover all of the maintenance work streams liaising with our teams in Germany and Austria to ensure we deliver to the Contract. This means early interaction with the design stages to influence how this can be best maintained to ensure we deliver high levels of Fleet availability and performance, with an aim to reduce cost over the Whole Life Cycle. This role will require very close collaboration with our Customer TfL working as ‘One Team’.
The nature of the role includes a requirement for moderate travel – the Siemens DTUP programme team is located at multiple CS locations in UK and in Germany and Austria.
What are my responsibilities?
Maintainability Development & Implementation
- Understand the contractual performance obligations for the trains and articulate the contribution that key maintenance input will make to the achievement of these objectives.
- Provide guidance and liaise with counterparts in the train design and manufacture team and OEMs to fully understand the principal engineering components, sub-systems and systems used on the trains and how these are configured for maintenance.
- Manage and support the other CS Domain related Team Members across the matrix of multi disciplines in (Maintenance Planning, Maintenance Manual Production, material management, Maintenance Technical Management) - to Identify and eliminate safety, reliability and maintainability risks to performance and to develop best in class performance processes and capability, throughout the whole life-cycle;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of performance demonstrations and trials of electrical components, sub- systems and systems to ensure they meet the maintenance requirements.
- Provide advice in the development of improvements to maintenance processes with a view to delivering these in the most efficient manner with minimal waste;
- Assist with FMEA, maintenance support and test equipment specification, parts/spares detailing, maintenance reporting systems and maintenance cost calculations;
- Monitor industry practices to identify process, maintenance and material changes that will improve rolling stock performance;
- Assist in the development of an optimum fleet maintenance and overhaul regime for the new fleet.
- Assist in managing the development, production, issue and internal and external approval of the Technical Documentation to support the introduction of the fleet.
- Collaboration with internal/ external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards
- Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens Rail Systems Behavioural Partnership and Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools (PMP/Workday objective setting, appraisal and development plan, Succession planning, Recognition schemes etc.)
- Implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team.
· Assist with stakeholders to ensure all areas within CS Domain are kept engaged and in the loop for DTUP externally with LU and internally across Siemens.
Continuous Improvement/ Quality
· Actively participate in team improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team. Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioral safety agenda to ensure you work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions.
What skills and qualifications do I need to apply?
- Degree in engineering or equivalent subject or equivalent relevant experience
- Analytical and enquiring mind, with the specific ability to look at manufacturing process design and failure analysis
- Proven experience at technical, maintenance or engineering manager level, together with a proven track record in managing a variety of engineering and maintenance operations
- An in-depth knowledge of rolling stock maintenance techniques, procedures and mandatory requirements.
- Good communication skills (English) both written and verbal at all levels
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Good stakeholder management
- Knowledge and experience of working with London Underground would be an advantage.
- German speaking would be an advantage
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The closing date for applications is 1st May.
Job ID: 109355
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time