Head of Field Operations - UK wide
The future of the UK’s Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
The water market is undergoing a high degree of change and transformation and therefore we are on the lookout for a Head of Field Operations to support our Water Business.
Your role will be to manage the field operation & service delivery aligned to contract performance which relate to our business water contracts. This role does have line management responsibilities as you will manage a team of 160 directly employed staff and 3rd party agency staff.This is a great opportunity to work alongside a plethora of stakeholders and areas within the business including; close collaboration with the Head of Business for Water, our Back Office Operations and also Account Management teams.
Come and have a look at what it’s like to work at Siemens -
This position does provide location flexibility meaning that you will need to be able to travel customer sites and team meetings which could be held in the North West or the South of England however circa 60% of your time can be worked from home.
What part will you play?
- Team management - Provide leadership in promoting best working practises, staff welfare and well being.
- Field Service Delivery – Ensure the service levels and key performance indicators are delivered in line with the contract schedules and business requirements.
- Management of customer relationships- work with our customers & support the account management function through regular meetings and discussions
- Environment Health & Safety- You will be responsible for all aspects of Field Environmental, Health & Safety compliance and performance, including business delivery of the annual Company EHS plan, Siemens Zero Harm strategy and improvements in working.
- Financial Awareness and Management - Responsible for all field costs in relation to contract delivery and the business profit and loss.
- Market Transformation – Your role will support the wider business strategic aims in providing expertise and information in shaping strategy and subsequent operational models.
- Contract Authority – Manage operational risks and issues with appropriate mitigation working closely with back office operations and account management to manage key internal stakeholders and customers.
- Commercial – Support contract renewals and bid management activity.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Clear and inspirational leadership and management skills to drive personal performance of the field personnel
- You will have a great understanding of a meter reading business model within the utility industry
- The ability to translate operational performance into business financial impact.
- We are on the lookout for someone who can understand and translate contract schedules into a service delivery model and the impact of contract penalty in the event of a failure in service.
- Full UK driving licence and the ability to stay overnight sometimes
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Smart infrastructure division intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent on board to be able to support us on this journey.
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs. This role is home based with a requirement to travel as necessary to meet field managers, their teams and our customers.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognises that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 109397
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time