Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
Mendix is building a new organization to drive the digitalization of enterprises. Be part of a new, fast growing global team and have big impact on big companies. Help car manufacturers make the transformation to the electric age; maximize wind-turbine output by building smart apps, etc. Have real impact with tangible results.
The Mendix App Factory is a new organization that enables companies and teams to adopt a flexible but predictable model to scale App development fast while ensuring high quality standards and controls are met. Enablement thru experience is key. We will work with both product development and consulting services organization who want to adopt their own Mendix App Factory. The App Factory covers a broad spectrum: from supporting the Mendix go to market teams with demonstrators and proof of concepts, to initiation and enablement of new App Factories, to the development, maintenance, support and distribution of reusable components.
As a Senior Mendix Consultant you will be instrumental in the successful adoption of the Mendix Platform within product development and consulting organizations. You will support the initial development of productized solutions; you will stay involved in a co-development capacity until teams are sufficiently independent. You will ensure Mendix best practices and guidelines are applied and adopted by the teams. You are a player coach that is a master in the implementation of the Mendix Platform.
In this role you’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Leading the way in the roll-out of new App Factories
- (Co-)Development of demonstrators and solutions
- Defining and creating application design and architecture
- Estimating, scoping and sizing of Mendix solutions
- Creating documentation and maintenance of Mendix implementation
- Developing and conveying Mendix best practices and guidelines
- Being a player coach to your peers in Product Development and Consulting organizations and fellow Mendix Developers
You’re the innovator we need if you:
- Are a high-energy professional who loves to engage with customers and peers to drive innovation
- Have a proven track record in delivering custom software solutions in enterprise environments, of which 2 years of Mendix development experience in a lead role
- You have a good understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD and possibly Java (you don't have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely a plus)
- Have a passion for technology and possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Have experience working in agile environment
- Have a Computer Science or related technical degree (desired)
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019
Job ID: 109405
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix International B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time