Supplier Qualification Agent (m/f)
Global Business Services (GBS) is an entrepreneurial Service Company that innovates, designs, transforms and efficiently operates business services for Siemens units and external customers. GBS creates valuable impact specific to our customers' needs with unique expertise in business services. GBS sees itself as the go-to partner where internal services for Siemens are concerned. Our claim is: Partner of Choice.
Purchase-to-Pay Services (P2P) is part of the GBS organization and it provides a wide variety of high-quality and cost-efficient purchase-to-pay services from purchase order processing, qualification of suppliers, maintenance of material master data, contract management, analytics services, invoice processing to the processing of outgoing payments.
We at P2P are now looking for a person to join our Supplier Qualification team. In order to be able to conduct business with Siemens, all suppliers must meet certain minimum economic, environmental and social requirements, which shall be documented by the supplier completing certain qualification modules. Having successfully completed the supplier qualification process, the supplier is assigned the ”Ready for Business“ status in Siemens’ strategic procurement platform . The Supplier Qualification team supports and drives the company-wide and standardized qualification process.
What are my responsibilities?
· Perform supplier qualification in accordance with company regulations and principles of correct purchasing, as part of the initial Supplier Lifecycle Management. The agent shall, for example, contact the suppliers by e-mail/phone in order to have the supplier sign the Siemens and complete other qualification modules.
· Provide support and advice to internal buyers and external suppliers around the world related to the supplier qualification process and its requirements.
· Prepare and maintain work instructions and guidelines related to the task.
· Perform additional administrative tasks related to the job.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Excellent soft-skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong IT-skills (e.g. Office 365 applications) and ability to quickly learn new tools.
· Strong language skills (fluency in English mandatory, proficiency in French (CEFR B2) is considered a plus).
· Good understanding of supply chain management / sustainable procurement / governance and compliance.
· Good analytical skills and high attention to detail and ability to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Customer-focused, mindset of continuous improvement, flexible and adaptive in response to changing priorities and needs, responsible and team-oriented.
What else do I need to know?
At Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application in English until the 30th of April.
Job ID: 109420
Organization: Global Business Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time