R&D engineer -Digitalization
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Gas and Power
Position: Full- time
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Design, implement, test and deploy highly scalable data analytics and Artificial Intelligence solutions to support Siemens turbomachinery R&D businesses.
- Occasionally, however, travel to the sites where the turbomachinery equipment is installed will be required.
- This position provides collaboration and growth opportunities within the digitalization fields of Siemens through its senior management, domain experts, software architects, technical partners and universities, throughout our many locations in North America, Europe, and Asia - incl. India.
- Install and configure images, programs, and modules.
- Set up databases and create tag lists. Implement sensor signal additions and changes.
- Configure batch jobs for data mining and conduct bug fixing.
- Configure connections and interfaces to turbomachinery control systems such as SPPA-T3000 replicated archives and/or OPC.
- Recover systems or modules in case of failures and faults.
- Collaborate with and share knowledge, experience, and preferred practices with a global team of experts on our data acquisition systems.
- Identify, propose, and implement improvements to processes, products, and solutions.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Solid knowledge of and expertise in management of large quantity of industrial data; databases, data archives, data formats & structures, data streaming, networks, interfaces (API), and communication protocols & layers.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of cloud and edge computing.
- Solid experience with C, C++, Java, and Python.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills in English.
- Technical knowledge related to turbomachinery.
- High degree of autonomy, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and willingness to take decisions.
- Experience working with internal customers.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships.
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Education: Master’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Mining, Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or related field required.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 109435
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time