· Responsible for engineering functional and technical requirements
· Responsible for supporting the successful execution of Engineering in Projects.
· The Design Manager should report directly to the bid / project manager and should have technical authority over the engineering team assigned to the bid / project.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
The scope of the role includes:
· The Design Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring that all customer functional and technical requirements are fully incorporated into a value driven, risk managed and timely delivered design solution. This shall entail managing the technical delivery and the technical interface management of the design solution throughout both the acquisition and execution stages of the project.
· The Design Manager is essentially responsible for delivering the technical project objectives, delegated to him/her by the bid / project manager.
· The Design Manager is a function of the engineering department and furthermore the Design Manager acts as a technical conduit between Engineering, Project Management, and all internal and external stakeholders as applicable.
· The category (A, B, C) of a project will influence its complexity, level of risk, and scope of responsibility. These factors shall be considered by the business in determining whether the project supports a need for a dedicated Design Manager. By default, all Grid Access projects shall be assigned a dedicated Design Manager throughout the lifecycle of the project. SEA projects will not generally require a Design Manager and as such the responsibilities outlined hereafter shall be absorbed within the remit of the Design Manager supported by the Work Package Manager(s).
Primary tasks include:
· Responsible for the technical solution
· A technical escalation and coordination point of contact for the project management team
· Technical management of a team of multi-discipline engineers to ensure, all engineering deliverables can be provided in timely manner during the acquisition and execution stages of the project.
· Ensuring that all customer functional and technical requirements are fully incorporated into the overall technical design solution (i.e. requirements management / traceability).
· Management of all technical interfaces and technical interface clarification between project areas.
· Development of agreed divisions of responsibility between internal and external parties related to design engineering.
· Management of technical co-ordination meetings, design reviews / workshops, etc.
· Moderation, decision and conclusion of engineering specific conflicts between disciplines, liaison with project engineers and project managers to resolve.
· Configuration management and change control management, implementation of design baselines / freezes. Production of change impact assessment to support project management of claims.
· Management of design risk assessments (DRA) and hazard and safety analysis (HAZID).
· Ensuring effective CDM design compliance.
· Ensure Siemens Safety By Design is implemented and followed by all relevant engineering disciplines, supply chain.
· Taking corrective action in the event of divergences from the schedule.
· Adherence to quality management within the engineering delivery process.
· Providing technical support to the Project Manager where requested.
· Conversant with the latest HV, MV and LV plant standards and technologies.
· Good working knowledge of substation primary and secondary design, MV plant, and HV plant operation and maintenance; including health and safety, applicable standards, specifications, regulations, industry custom and practice etc.
· Good working knowledge of the platform fabrication and civil design and construction industry including the relevant standards and procedures
· Good standard of IT literacy – especially Word and Excel.
· Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good working knowledge of CDM & HSE requirements, and system engineering principles including design for safety, maintenance and constructability
Job ID: 109446
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time