Data Analyst 80% - 100%
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
The Digital Office of Building Products Business Unit governs the product master data and has the mandate to digitize processes, to improve transparency by collecting, combining and visualizing data from both, internal and external sources. We are currently looking for a person able to drive the topic of structuring our data and transform the findings into valuable support for our business.
Your new responsibilities
- Main duty is to analyze and interpret our business data, derived from primary sources like our ERP, CRM and Product Information Systems as well as from secondary source. Provide ongoing reports based on your findings
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems and data analytics in collaboration with our global colleagues
- Summarize trends and patterns, automate the gathering of information, find out where the current data white spots are, and discover correlations of buying habits among our customers, apart from many more. We are looking for a person that can structure the large puzzle of our data landscape
- Transform the insights into reports for our senior management, present the findings in person and with data visualization tools
- Identify the topics of tomorrow. After the initial work of establishing a stable data structure providing us with a strong added value, the mid- to long term we aim for creating predictive models and machine learning algorithms
Your skills and experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or comparable, ideally with an additional specialization in Data Science
- Enhanced skills when it comes to analysis and interpretation of data, knowledge and experience of statistics
- Technical expertise regarding Data Models, Database design development and Data Mining. A track record of handling a large amount of data and established business intelligence reports is essential in this position.
- Seniority wise you are willing to work on an operative level, but you offer the ambition and the mindset to work on additional topics for the future. The future job holder should be a person that is able to grow
- We are looking for a driven person skilled to build up a reliable structure within our SI BP Business Unit and act like a business partner when it comes to data. To defend your opinion is another strength of you
- Business fluency in English is mandatory, and German language skills are beneficial
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. As such, we can only accept your application via our application platform (using the «Application» button). Please be aware that applications sent by e-mail will not be answered and will simply be deleted. Should you have any questions about this job offer, please contact email@example.com mentioning the job ID in your e-mail. We look forward to receiving your full application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 109473
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time