As a Senior Lead Engineer in The Hague, you can manage and realize highly innovated and complex development projects within a large international
“We make real what matters”
Pieter is looking for a senior lead engineer to fit into his dynamic and international team of almost 40 engineers who work with passion to create beautiful projects in the world of electrifying and automating container terminal equipment. Pieter is a people manager who is expending and preparing his team of engineers to be ready to design and commission the most complex projects.
is one of the global key players in the crane electrification, automation and digitalization business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology.
Industry 4.0, Big Data, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are particularly applicable to crane solutions. With the development of sensor technology and increased interconnectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operationally and this blueprint is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Siemens Cranes offers with her cutting edge soft- and hardware-solutions, one integral digital platform for highly customized harbour and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote-controlled cranes are only a few of the Siemens Cranes developments.
You are the experienced lead engineer who is able to manage and realize these highly innovated and complex development projects. The complexity in these projects lays in the project size and the integration of a diversity of systems like: Automation and subsystem software, S7 PLC’s, HMI systems, interfaces, drive systems and sensor systems. A typical project lasts for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in the Netherlands & Germany followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location.
You are able to make the right selections on a hardware and software level and who is able to coordinate a team of engineers who is working on these technical solutions. The lead engineer will head a team of up to 8 colleagues (software, hardware and commissioning engineers) which are based in the Netherlands and in other countries e.g. Germany, China.
“What does this role feel like?”
The lead engineer will be responsible for the design of the overall solution and will also manage the acceptance of the system which requires being at customer locations worldwide.
- Manage a project team up to 15 software and/or hardware engineers;
- Coordinate and managing the technical solution of the project according the high quality standards and project management processes of Siemens;
- Determine the system architecture (software/hardware) derive and describe the subsystems;
- Describe the functional specifications;
- Participate in customer technical clarification workshops;
- Ensure that safety and security standards are met and our solutions are matching regional safety standards;
- Support pre-sales activities and support bid teams.
"What do you need to make real what matters?”
- Completed HBO / TU degree in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation;
- At least 4 years proven experience in the field of complex automation projects;
- At least 6 years’ experience in an engineering environment as an engineer, including at least 4 years’ experience as an engineer with responsibility;
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 program language, TIA Portal, WinCC, C++, C#, SQL;
- Knowledge and experience of industrial (Ethernet) networks and IT security;
- Project management experience, including working within project teams for at least 3 years;
- Business fluent English, ideally Dutch and if possible German;
- Ability to think and act practical and solution-oriented;
- Driver's license B;
- Good interpersonal and business skills, flexible attitude, stress resistant;
- Ability to travel for reasonable periods globally.
“We have quite a lot to offer, but what’s in it for you?”
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of the benefits we offer you to make your work and life more enjoyable, more flexible and more exciting.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees. Further:
- A good salary and annual profit sharing.
- 40 days' holiday days per year.
- You will be part of an international network.
- Continuous development opportunities
- Fitness and seated massage opportunities during or after work.
“We don’t need superheroes, but super minds”
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we really want to meet you! Please upload one document (motivation and resume) with your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Marianne van Ruyven, tel. 06 1020 43 60.
Screening and an online assessment are part of the application process.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.