The Simulation and Testing Solutions division (STS) within Siemens PLM, headquartered in Leuven-Belgium, aims to further strengthen and extend its competitive position as a provider of Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) solutions through an assortment of simulation tools, test equipment and V&V methodologies for the design, test and validation of software-intensive safety critical systems. Therefore STS is looking for innovation engineers with excellent software programming skills and special interest in the automotive or aerospace industry to strengthen the MBSE innovation team.
The candidate will join a team of engineers responsible for Go-to-Market and innovation activities in the domain of MBSE with special focus on automotive and aerospace industries among many others”. This expert team engages in funded research projects to further strengthen the STS portfolio for model based system engineering, validating research ideas with lead customers through direct engagement and joint cooperation.
Within the team you will own the technical responsibility for the realization of proof of concept developments enhancing the software platform capabilities of multiple solutions within the STS MBSE portfolio to address new use cases driven from business and research pursuits. Therefor the candidate will have to understand the use case needs and translate these into clean coded features using an agile development methodology like scrum. The candidate will have to be able to explain his work to the application engineers and develop with them an applicative way of demonstrating this feature to customers.
The solution features, if proven effective, can be demonstrated and handed over to the product development teams. Therefor you will collaborate closely with the product software architects, who coordinate the different product development scrum teams to secure integration of your proof of concept activities in the main product release.
The candidate will be hosted in Leuven, Belgium, and will have strong interactions with the applicative team there. The candidate will also work closely with the multinational development and product management teams through travel and conference calls. Willingness to travel is thus expected and required.
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science, IT or comparable course of study with strong focus on software engineering with at least 2 years of experience in Software Development, Model-Based System Design & Development, ideally in Automotive, Aerospace or Healthcare Applications.
- Functional Safety
- software development methodologies (Waterfall, V Model, AGILE/SCRUM); Formal design methodologies and version control tools (i.e. Subversion, GIT)
- Awareness of System Modeling methods such as SysML, UML and Simulink
- Ability to present their work to software developers and be able hand over the work done with clarity by showing excellent presentation and documentation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English in view of collaboration, presentation and reporting
- Carries a creative and critical mindset towards technical problems
- Motivation to work in a result-oriented way and is capable of working independently within the team.
- Competences that are considered as an additional asset/advantage:
- Adequate proficiency in spoken and written Dutch in light of communication with national funding agencies (IWT)
- Familiar with automotive/aviation development and quality processes (FMEA/FTA methods/tools)
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools ( e.g., Polarion, IBM DOORS, SCADE )
- Experience in Software Quality and process ( e.g., SPICE, CMMI )
- Knowledge of Software standardization protocols ( e.g., AUTOSAR (Adaptive))
- Experience with algorithm development and hardware/simulation environment Matlab/Simulink/dSPACE
- Experience in System Simulation solutions (Simcenter Amesim, Modelica, etc.)
- Awareness in Language Engineering, Metaprogramming and Domain-Specific Languages such as XText, Sirius, and MPS; is familiar with development environments such as Visual Studio, TFS, Eclipse & Jira
About the company
Siemens lndustry Software (SISW), the leading partner in test and mechatronic simulation in the automotive, aerospace and other advanced manufacturing industries, helps customers get better products to market faster. With a unique combination of mechatronic simulation software, testing systems and engineering services, SISW tunes into mission critical engineering attributes, ranging from system dynamics, structural integrity and sound quality to durability, safety and power consumption.
With multi-domain and mechatronic simulation solutions, SISW addresses the complex engineering challenges associated with intelligent system design and model-based systems engineering. Thanks to our technology and over 1250 dedicated people, SISW has become the partner of choice of more than 5,000 manufacturing companies worldwide. SISW operates in over 30 key locations around the world.
Based in Leuven, Belgium, SISW has 30 years of solid engineering experience with an unrivaled track record in developing and marketing technology breakthroughs that address very real customer challenges. From its roots as LMS, a high-tech spin-off from the University of Leuven in Belgium, the company has grown to become a worldwide leader in engineering innovation with mechatronic simulation software, testing systems and engineering services. As of 2013, LMS has become part of the Siemens PLM Software organization.
Job ID: 109537
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time